Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 106452 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #255: April 28, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
Atamara is about to lose serious amount of characters. Not sure if that effects game char account, but Atamara is messed up.

Can you blame them, the way it has turned  back into "Peace Alliance Parking Lot"? Down to one small war in the south, which will no doubt get gang-banged soon.

For a role playing game, there's an incredible lack of imagination among a great many people. Seems like many simply want the war islands, and nothing more. Perhaps the devs should take note when thinking about ways to save player retention.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: April 28, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
Asylon is just trying to solve its own problems for a while. Of course we'll lose characters. Maybe players too. And here we have a clear difference between a player and those who stop at the first adversity -- or thousandth.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: April 28, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
Huh Talerium finally got off its a** and did something?

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: April 28, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »
Asylon is just trying to solve its own problems for a while. Of course we'll lose characters. Maybe players too. And here we have a clear difference between a player and those who stop at the first adversity -- or thousandth.

But its like we are trying to set foothold in the East and with situation as it is, it is next to impossible without income and a place to replenish our armies to succeed. I think thats why there is a lot of chatter about giving up as we are just delaying the inevitable. We were gimped from the start and there is nothing that can help us. Fighting in a forced situation where there is absolutely no chance of succeeding and having to go through it anyway is very frustrating.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:15:15 PM by sharkattack »

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: April 28, 2014, 07:28:24 PM »
We can move to Luria... or just join Swordfell and implode the realm. lol.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: April 28, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
Well both Asylon and Barca at least managed to grab a toehold in the east, which is an achievement I feel  :P I hope both realms survive, I'm sure more realms in the Morek or Lurian region would spice things up and make the east more interesting.

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: April 28, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »
Well both Asylon and Barca at least managed to grab a toehold in the east, which is an achievement I feel  :P I hope both realms survive, I'm sure more realms in the Morek or Lurian region would spice things up and make the east more interesting.

Barca might be able to survive in the East. But Asylon wont be able to maintain themselves near Swordfell anymore . They either have to join Swordfell or move to Luria. It is impossible to survive there with Morek and Astrum constant raiding while you have no income and no way of replenishing troops.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: April 28, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
The hatred between Asylon and Astrum runs deep.

That every time we find a traitor or madman within our ranks, they turn around and find a comfy home in Asylon doesn't help matters either.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: April 28, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »
No worries. Once I become a ruler again, it will definitely happen  8) since I don't give a crap about losing.

Which is why no one in their right mind should ever let you become a ruler.

Zakilevo

« Reply #264: April 28, 2014, 10:01:24 PM »
Which is why no one in their right mind should ever let you become a ruler.

What are you talking about? More reason to vote for me since you will always have war.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: April 29, 2014, 12:43:40 AM »
That every time we find a traitor or madman within our ranks, they turn around and find a comfy home in Asylon doesn't help matters either.

It goes both ways...  :P
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: April 29, 2014, 01:55:17 AM »

This is what I'm most afraid of. If things go back to Morek and Luria sitting on 90% of the east island with a peace-lock on each other, we'll see more players drop. Duke's might secede if everything gets boring, I suppose, but long-standing dukes are more patient with peace and week long marches than most characters.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: April 29, 2014, 01:58:04 AM »
Players formerly of Asylon will not allow perpetual peace, wherever they land.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: April 29, 2014, 02:35:41 AM »
This is what I'm most afraid of. If things go back to Morek and Luria sitting on 90% of the east island with a peace-lock on each other, we'll see more players drop. Duke's might secede if everything gets boring, I suppose, but long-standing dukes are more patient with peace and week long marches than most characters.

How are they on a peace-lock...? They've been at war, and have not been on friendly terms in a while.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: April 29, 2014, 02:49:48 AM »
How are they on a peace-lock...? They've been at war, and have not been on friendly terms in a while.

I haven't been around for too long, but the entire time I have, Morek and Luria have been pacifying to each other. I joined late 2012, and the only thing I've seen was a quick loot of Dongwei and a quick peace.

The main problem is, they can't march on each other. You can't war with capitals on either end of the island. How long would it take to even march from one capital to the first region of the other realm?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)