Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 106438 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #270: April 29, 2014, 03:13:27 AM »
Especially with a honking great mountain range in the way.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: April 29, 2014, 03:42:34 AM »
The Divides can be bypassed in the east without hitting desert, and the eastern sea can be sailed.  It's still a long trip, but Donghaiwei -- Poryatown shouldn't take more than a few days, I think.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #272: April 29, 2014, 04:35:12 AM »
I haven't been around for too long, but the entire time I have, Morek and Luria have been pacifying to each other. I joined late 2012, and the only thing I've seen was a quick loot of Dongwei and a quick peace.

The main problem is, they can't march on each other. You can't war with capitals on either end of the island. How long would it take to even march from one capital to the first region of the other realm?

So just declare war and let nobles run a guerrilla war on each other, at their own leisure.  No threat to the Kings, so no need to ban it. In any case, seems like Luria has its hands full at the moment, from what I hear (and hope)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: April 29, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »
Both have been busy with their own wars for quite a while.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: April 29, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »
Ok, I don't know if this is the right place for my complaint. Specifically in Dwilight and only in Dwilight. My character was Duke of Itau. His family is fairly rich (8k gold). He had the option to buy a region. Great! I can understand why I cannot buy an enemy region with a Lord. But why I can't buy a Rogue Region? Not a city... By the gods, nor a townsland. But why not a rural region to call mine!? Henrich feel the most miserable of his kind...  :P
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: April 29, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
You can send that gold to me and I will buy it for you.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: April 29, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »
I prefer to buy it by myself, don't worry  8)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: April 29, 2014, 10:22:24 PM »
Ok, I don't know if this is the right place for my complaint. Specifically in Dwilight and only in Dwilight. My character was Duke of Itau. His family is fairly rich (8k gold). He had the option to buy a region. Great! I can understand why I cannot buy an enemy region with a Lord. But why I can't buy a Rogue Region? Not a city... By the gods, nor a townsland. But why not a rural region to call mine!? Henrich feel the most miserable of his kind...  :P
Likely because there is no government in place. Happens with a priest too. (Can't claim rogue regions)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: April 29, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »
Likely because there is no government in place. Happens with a priest too. (Can't claim rogue regions)

Was that changed?  I remember my priest claiming Echiur from rogue after preaching there for several weeks.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #279: April 30, 2014, 04:30:17 AM »
Was that changed?  I remember my priest claiming Echiur from rogue after preaching there for several weeks.

Yup. Devs seriously nerfed the priest class a few RL years ago.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: May 04, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »
Yup. Devs seriously nerfed the priest class a few RL years ago.

This is something which really annoys me - the priest class is boring enough as it is and is hardly used actively in war anyway so nerfing one of their few useful powers is a pain.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: May 05, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »
Moderator Note: Further discussion of the East Continent Issue should be discussed here
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: May 05, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »
Nothing to see here ... move along...   :-[
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:12:54 PM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: May 05, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
Mrh? Nerfing one of their useful powers? Priests were never intended to be traders. They couldn't be traders until trader was implemented as a subclass. Even then, they were never intended to be traders. In fact, I think it was only available as a bug, for a very short period of time, and only a very few priests were ever able to take advantage of it.

Having said that, priests can still trade. Appoint one as a region lord or steward. The only thing they won't be able to do is broker deals. But given the fact that as a lord/steward they can buy and then sell, they actually come out ahead of a trader who is not a lord/steward.

This assertion that priests not being able to be traders is some kind of major nerf is complete crap.

This has nothing to do with priest/traders - the word trader is not mentioned in this thread, are you confused with a different one?

This is about RTOs not being available in rogue regions.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: May 05, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »
This has nothing to do with priest/traders - the word trader is not mentioned in this thread, are you confused with a different one?

D'oh!  :-[  I apparently got my threads mixed up.

Sorry 'bout that, Antonine.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.