Author Topic: Trials of Love  (Read 4692 times)

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Trials of Love
« Topic Start: May 14, 2014, 09:33:15 AM »
Roleplay from Garamonde Bendix    (136 days ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (20 recipients)
(Two days ago)

Duke Garamonde Bendix rose from his chair in the corner of the room, his ever-present disapproving scowl glowering out from beneath his mustache. He stepped toward the bed with the cautious purposefulness of a predator, but his eyes met the noblewoman's, ignoring the man just recovering from his wounds.

"Yes. Me." He muttered, as though disgusted by some bad phantom odor. "I'm not here to cause any trouble, if that's what you think. I'm sure you assume that I meant to wound him like this. You may even believe I meant to kill him. That would be a false assumption."

Though his words were congenial enough, his voice was full of menace: "If I wanted him dead, he would be dead. And nothing, no feelings you have in your heart or thoughts you have in your mind would protect him. You may think the Gods favor prayer and devotion, but that, too, is a false assumption. The Gods favor only the strong of mind and body; the only true prayer is to prepare oneself for conflict and hardship."

With sudden military rigidity, Duke Garamonde saluted the wounded General as he regained consciousness, then turned to leave the room at a brisk pace, his bootfalls clunking on the wood with the echo of finality.