Author Topic: The Current Struggle.  (Read 24400 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Current Struggle.
« Reply #30: April 17, 2014, 05:59:53 PM »
You're unlikely to see more defections. It's also going to get much much harder to get into Sirion once they lose Oligarch. Avamar and Trinbar are ridiculously defensible. The outer-lying cities were always incredibly vulnerable.
Yeah, they're Maginot line is unbelievably strong and easy to defend. They internal lines of travel are short, while the external lines are long and slow. They can easily move assets around internally, while the people outside have to slog long hours over bad roads. Their fortresses protect a huge swatch of rurals to feed themselves. Their enemies have huge refit cycles, while Sirion's refit cycle is, what, one or two regions away?

If Caligus doesn't see that Fallangard is coming for them if it takes a northern city they're blind. But I don't think they're blind I think they're helpless.
Caligus is screwed. They signed a 12-month treaty with the SA. They're not allowed to even pick their noses for an entire year... The only choice they have is to join the southerners, or sit on their butts and do nothing for another, what, 11 months? Or they could break the treaty, and have the entire southern alliance pounce on them. Again. And since Caligus was so successful defending against them the first time...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: April 17, 2014, 07:27:09 PM »
Long history huh? So there was Serko in Topenah(?) on FEI, and then Gregor with Fontan and the Confederacy which was a civil war. That's twice in over 12 years.

Only three times in total? Thought there were more.

If Caligus doesn't see that Fallangard is coming for them if it takes a northern city they're blind. But I don't think they're blind I think they're helpless.

Yep. They can't do anything. They know they are dead I think.

If I might interject, the reason is because the list of candidates who have been in the realm for so long is extensive. They have deep deep ties to the realm, and the way Dukes are selected generally means things are stable (They're voted on by the realm council as a whole, Giselle played both factions to get elected). Then in the way the realm is run the Dukes have a significant say in how things go forward. This means there is little incentive to leave as you have significant power in a large realm. Now Giselle's Duchy was always sort of a backwater, it didn't produce much gold, was heavily indebted to the realm for its defense and food, mostly because of the significant militia presence, which didn't mean a damn when the military went kaput, and so left helpless she took her Duchy and said no thanks to being the Duchess who couldn't defend her Duchy because her realm didn't do a thing for it.

Don't you all wonder why Aedenah stepped down so quickly as general after the defeat in Krimml too?

Yep. Dukes rule Sirion.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 17, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
You're unlikely to see more defections. It's also going to get much much harder to get into Sirion once they lose Oligarch. Avamar and Trinbar are ridiculously defensible. The outer-lying cities were always incredibly vulnerable. The only real way to defend them was what happend back in the day with the Fontan-Sirion-OR alliance.

I have to agree with this, Sirion's outer regions (the last where Fontan was) are mostly like a buffer. Sirion won't feel threatened while they have control of Avamar, Trimbar and i care to mention Tabost, which is a really big region and its size can make travels higher than 12h.

But this war seems interesting, because the it will depend on if Eponllyn manage to grow or the southern alliance raze everything south of Avamar and Ashforth.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 17, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
Don't you all wonder why Aedenah stepped down so quickly as general after the defeat in Krimml too?

Why?
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 19, 2014, 02:43:02 PM »
Trinbar - Mine
Avamar - Unh.... mine.

That's why  8)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 21, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »
Trinbar - Mine
Avamar - Unh.... mine.

That's why  8)

You - Mine

My little samba dancer

;D

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 22, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
Ah, good days to be Judge of Sirion. I have more nobles in my dungeons than Perlone as realm.
Sweet.
Serpentis again!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 23, 2014, 03:14:25 AM »
I know why but I cant say 8)

Caligus is screwed. They signed a 12-month treaty with the SA. They're not allowed to even pick their noses for an entire year... The only choice they have is to join the southerners, or sit on their butts and do nothing for another, what, 11 months? Or they could break the treaty, and have the entire southern alliance pounce on them. Again. And since Caligus was so successful defending against them the first time...
That treaty is quite a huge blow for Caligus. Now they have to watch from the sidelines, maybe they even taking bets :o

Yep. Dukes rule Sirion.
I... just... know... it IC ;)

I have to agree with this, Sirion's outer regions (the last where Fontan was) are mostly like a buffer. Sirion won't feel threatened while they have control of Avamar, Trimbar and i care to mention Tabost, which is a really big region and its size can make travels higher than 12h.

But this war seems interesting, because the it will depend on if Eponllyn manage to grow or the southern alliance raze everything south of Avamar and Ashforth.
If you ask me when I was not in Fontan, this situation will look strange to me. I may even ask you back what you mean. Now I am familiar with it, yes you are right. I still recall Fontan realm shaped like a snake somehow :P

Ah, good days to be Judge of Sirion. I have more nobles in my dungeons than Perlone as realm.
Sweet.
Ah, how many prisoners you have there? I always wonder how many is the highest record in Battlemaster history. Suddenly I miss my days as Judge.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #38: April 23, 2014, 03:42:27 AM »
there were 22 prisoners in the same prison at one point :o

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 23, 2014, 03:52:35 AM »
The last count was more than 20, but now some already paid the ransom or escaped. In these first days of war I confiscated more gold than along the entire Great War. Also, Erik is denying any prisoner agreements with Perleone and Fallangard: Erik doesn't negotiate with colonies.

As player I get a little sad to see so many players rotting in idle for a week. But as character, Erik will make them pay hard for every attack against Sirion. Westmoor will pay dearly for its alliance with Perdan because the war will surely happen on their land. Perleone will probably disappear if Perdan not give up their own land for their colony and I can only imagine what will happen to Fallangard since they lost the only opportunity they had with the advantage of takeover Krimml.

We'll see how long the SA (Slaves of Atanamir, as Erik is calling them) will take to realize that Atanamir failed and that Sirion will stand. We will never allow foreign armies or policies dictate how we must govern our lands. The South caught us with our pants down, but it will not happen again.

In every campaign, they will see a realm of prisoners in my dungeons  ;)
Serpentis again!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 23, 2014, 04:09:09 AM »
... the SA (Slaves of Atanamir, as Erik is calling them) ...
he he he
Gotta get that propaganda going, eh? I haven't heard that one IG yet.

But this does look to be an active war. I hope everyone has fun!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 23, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »
I think the first time Erik used it was on a letter to the Judge of Perleone. More will come in his RPs to the E.C.D.A.
Serpentis again!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 23, 2014, 04:56:35 AM »
there were 22 prisoners in the same prison at one point :o
Whoa, that is quite many :o
Look like Sirion Judge about to strike lottery or gold mine when everyone pay ransoms.

... the SA (Slaves of Atanamir, as Erik is calling them)...
My first time hear this too. When Brock has more time, I have him join ECDA. Too bad General position make him very busy man at times.

As player I get a little sad to see so many players rotting in idle for a week. But as character, Erik will make them pay hard for every attack against Sirion.
You can talk to them. I always enjoy entertaining the prisoners with food and wine when I was Judge, even had my Roleplay with them ;D

he he he
Gotta get that propaganda going, eh? I haven't heard that one IG yet.

But this does look to be an active war. I hope everyone has fun!
Yes indeed I hope everyone has fun no matter which side you on. Let us contribute our parts and watch the magic happen :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 23, 2014, 05:15:56 AM »
You can talk to them. I always enjoy entertaining the prisoners with food and wine when I was Judge, even had my Roleplay with them ;D

Erik is too old to spend hours sending letters to the prisoners. Sometimes he answer one or two ('cause I don't need to spend hours when replying), but they are all calling him a thief. LOL. They traveled the entire continent with 900 gold, their realms has no arrangements for prisoners and they still complain when a Judge who always said he's the best of the continent confiscate their gold. Now I will need some good battles to recover my Prestige. Or just begin to confiscate items as well  8)
Serpentis again!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 23, 2014, 06:14:29 AM »
facepalm