Author Topic: The Current Struggle.  (Read 24353 times)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
The Current Struggle.
« Topic Start: April 10, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »
Interesting turn of events with Sirion.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

Re: The Current Struggle.
« Reply #1: April 10, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »
We hit them good. They were disorganized and weren't prepared for the attack.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 10, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
Sure, I guess it's in part because you issued the war declaration when all southerner forces were at two paces from their borders  :D

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: April 10, 2014, 10:41:26 AM »
Sure, I guess it's in part because you issued the war declaration when all southerner forces were at two paces from their borders  :D

The best way to crush your foes. Hit them when they are at their weakest  8)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: April 10, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »
More like using the game mechanics to your advantage. It's low form, but legal within the game rules.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 10, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »
More like using the game mechanics to your advantage. It's low form, but legal within the game rules.

What was that? Any hard facts on that?

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: April 10, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »

Which mechanics are you talking about?

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 10, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »

To be fairly honest, only 2 of them has actually declared war yet, while the others seems to be simply there by chance.

But anyway, since when is it possible to TO regions you have no borders with and isn't bordering water? I thought CTO was removed, or was that only from testing?
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: April 10, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
To be fairly honest, only 2 of them has actually declared war yet, while the others seems to be simply there by chance.

But anyway, since when is it possible to TO regions you have no borders with and isn't bordering water? I thought CTO was removed, or was that only from testing?

Fallangard lost their regions to the ice. They can take over any region on the map if they desire.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 10, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »

Go read the newspapers first! ;)

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/New_Westmoor/Archives/Letters#Southern_Alliance_.28Perdan.2C_Fallangard.2C_Perleone.2C_Westmoor.29_Declaration_of_war_against_the_Republic_of_Sirion_sent_on_April_7_of_the_year_1014

In case Ecthelion does not forward my letters. ;)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 10, 2014, 01:05:02 PM »
I do believe I have seen some of them, though hardly read them.

On a completely different topic, whats the difference between the newspaper + forum and posting IG letters directly on the forum?
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 10, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »
I do believe I have seen some of them, though hardly read them.

On a completely different topic, whats the difference between the newspaper + forum and posting IG letters directly on the forum?

Newspapers contain news which have already happened IG/IC.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 10, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »
Hasn't all letters already sent IG happened IG? Whats the difference of a letter sent 2 days ago by a ruler and a letter sent 1,5 day ago by anyone?

Not here to make a scene, just understand the difference since it caused quite some drama the last time we went through this :)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 10, 2014, 02:17:13 PM »
Hasn't all letters already sent IG happened IG? Whats the difference of a letter sent 2 days ago by a ruler and a letter sent 1,5 day ago by anyone?

Not here to make a scene, just understand the difference since it caused quite some drama the last time we went through this :)

The difference between the messages is the ruler's authority in external affairs.
Everything that the ruler sends to the ruler channel, unless specified, is expected and intended to be known by the other rulers, and thus their realms.

So, the newspaper editor can expect that the sending ruler's message has been forwarded by the receiving ruler, to his council or even the entire realm.
If the receiving ruler hasn't, well then it's not the problem of the newspaper editor, it's not a sensitive information, as the sending ruler wanted that everyone knows.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 10, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »

Perdan has always been at war with Oce.... Sirion.
After all it's a roleplaying game.