Author Topic: Developer Roadmap: War Improvements Package  (Read 4394 times)

Anaris

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Developer Roadmap: War Improvements Package
« Topic Start: April 10, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:01:40 AM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita

• Administrator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Developer Roadmap: War Improvements Package
« Reply #1: April 10, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
I'm excited for the future of warfare - particularly people's attempts to use and adapt  to these in greater strategies.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 10, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »
No army can have more than one type of equipment

Did you mean unit, or do you really mean army? In that case, would it be the marshal that controls it?

In either case it looks great! I really like this.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 10, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »
Did you mean unit, or do you really mean army? In that case, would it be the marshal that controls it?

I really mean army.

At present, I think it will be the Marshal, but there's a case to be made for the Sponsor. I'll make a decision one way or the other when the time gets closer to actually implement it.

In either case it looks great! I really like this.

Glad to hear it :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 10, 2014, 11:46:35 PM »
Nothing to boost ranged units?

Anaris

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 10, 2014, 11:48:05 PM »
Nothing to boost ranged units?

I said they were examples; I didn't say they were comprehensive :)

We have some ideas for ranged units. When it goes live, no one will be left out, I promise you that.
Timothy Collett

Stabbity

• Mighty Duke
  • The Himoura Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 11, 2014, 12:19:51 AM »
Squee!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: April 11, 2014, 12:21:53 AM »
Can't wait for the coming changes. How long will this take? Looks like a big change.

Also, I think weather should actually affect all unit types. Like rainy day making it cavalries and infantries more sluggish or something like that.

But I really like the equipment idea. Maybe Crossbows and just bows for archer types? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:26:37 AM by Lapallanch »

Anaris

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 11, 2014, 12:22:42 AM »
Can't wait for the coming changes. How long will this take? Looks like a big change.

A while.

Months, but hopefully less than a year. There's also other stuff that has to happen in the same time frame, so it's not trivial to estimate it all.
Timothy Collett

Anaris

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 11, 2014, 01:01:59 AM »
Added a section I forgot to put in there about finishing up the new takeover system.
Timothy Collett

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 11, 2014, 05:49:03 AM »
This is a very ambitious plan but it will definitely add more fun to the game. 8)

Any part of the changes would improve the game. In addition, I suggest focus is given to how to increase player interaction or interdependency through these mechanics. The beauty of the game is in interaction. For example, the line setting is kind of player interaction, which requires players to discuss and communicate those settings, which adds fun. The added features should avoid becoming just simple button clicking, but should focus on these functions or settings' interdependency. After all, this is best part of this social game.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 12, 2014, 07:07:27 PM »
Cool  8)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 12, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »
Plans to take away some of the heavy labor in tending regions (which sometimes feels like the boring aspects of PvE), and plans to give more diversity to PvP battles? All while the doctrine system and noble density is already half-way fixed?

My breeches are moist with anticipation.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 17, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
Interesting.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
sounds awesome
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused