Author Topic: Developer Roadmap: War Improvements Package  (Read 26463 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Maybe this is a little late, but isn't the idea of food rations for peasants a bit strange? They aren't soldiers you distribute food to. They farm all of the food, and some of it (the surplus) is taken as taxes for the lord. If surplus is is lower than 0, the region starves.

In order to make a region last longer on food, instead of handing out rations, doesn't it make more sense to lower surplus extraction? I wouldn't propose calling them taxes though, as that can only cause confusion.

I have some plans for later that involve more fundamentally changing how food works so that the nobles don't get to just take every bite of food the peasants grow or catch, then distribute it back to them. But that's going to take a lot more work, and be more of a disruption, so it's...for later ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan