Author Topic: Adventurer Thread  (Read 19209 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Thread
« Reply #30: May 21, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »
.. good grief.. sending out advy links in a guild is a really really bad idea. especially if they are spread everywhere, lob in nobles in the guild getting spammed. best use would be to get people to gather in a region via guild.. and then use the normal all nearby advy thing.
firefox

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 21, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
Why? Don't you think the Lords wish to be informed on the status of rogues in their region?

It might be a problem in large realms, but I think the members of the Fissoa Verminators don't mind receiving those reports, 'on top of' daily region reports.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 21, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
1. A noble holds it and goes through battles with it. The conditions that lead to prestige increase from battles are unknown to me. Not all battles lead to prestige gains, and there doesn't seem to be a clear connection between quantity of battles and prestige gains. Possibly size of battles? There exists some vague "glory" value which might play a role possibly.

I have reason to believe that getting it repaired also has a chance to add 1 prestige. I had my one item repaired, and when I got it back the prestige was higher. Of course, it might have gained it before the repair, but I don't think so.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 22, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »
a bit off topic.. but what is "Black Diamond" and why can it not be traded to other advy?
firefox

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #34: May 22, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
A gem...

Cursed, like the Black Pearl? (The titular item in the eponymous book, not Jack Sparrow's ship...)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 22, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
I don't know, I always thought Black Diamond was another name for Coal?

egamma

« Reply #36: May 22, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »
I don't know, I always thought Black Diamond was another name for Coal?

There are actually two black diamonds:
One is anthracite, a valuable form of coal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthracite
The other is an actual diamond: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonado

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 22, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »
i sort of mean what is its nature in the game... like.. special usage, etc?

-----------
Why? Don't you think the Lords wish to be informed on the status of rogues in their region?

It might be a problem in large realms, but I think the members of the Fissoa Verminators don't mind receiving those reports, 'on top of' daily region reports.

there's a difference between some words of advies organising themselves and a load of hunting links
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:21:41 AM by fodder »
firefox

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 24, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
Interesting thing I just noticed: I just created my 4th unique Item from a sage (3rd this month). Now, the sage needed only two items,  of which I have a plentiful supply. Unfortunately, in the next hour after the creation he had disappeared. What is odd about this is that another time when I created a unique Item from a sage, and only had enough items for one Item, he was still there the next hour.

I wonder if there is any link? What was it that made the sage disappear the one time and remain the first time? Thoughts/ideas/theories?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 25, 2011, 09:21:18 AM »
Interesting thing I just noticed: I just created my 4th unique Item from a sage (3rd this month). Now, the sage needed only two items,  of which I have a plentiful supply. Unfortunately, in the next hour after the creation he had disappeared. What is odd about this is that another time when I created a unique Item from a sage, and only had enough items for one Item, he was still there the next hour.

I wonder if there is any link? What was it that made the sage disappear the one time and remain the first time? Thoughts/ideas/theories?

I don't think the Sage would disappear based on the #items you have. Though for balancing reasons, it could be that a Sage disappears after having supplied X items? Else a flock of advies could farm him seriously... A new sage is then created randomly on the continent(?)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 25, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
I don't think the Sage would disappear based on the #items you have.
Yes, it did seem rather unlikely.

Though for balancing reasons, it could be that a Sage disappears after having supplied X items? Else a flock of advies could farm him seriously... A new sage is then created randomly on the continent(?)
I suspect he would after a certain amount. I would think two would be more than enough. Can't say about the new sage though...

egamma

« Reply #41: May 25, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »
Sages move around, from region to region.

They are mysterious and wise, and common minds do not understand them.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 25, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
Sages move around, from region to region.

I wonder if their movement is synchronised...at least 9/10 times, although likely more, I can find a sage in a specific region. I could count on perhaps two hands the times that I have been unable to find a sage in a given region. This is over a period of 6 months now.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 27, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
Eh, this must be broken:

You investigate the monster situation in Batesaor. You hear many rumours about monsters and encounter several witnesses who have seen them with their own eyes.

And yet I have missed 5 times trying to hunt them. And only succeeded twice.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 27, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »
This seems quite unlucky, but not impossible.

What's your adventurer skill?
After all it's a roleplaying game.