Author Topic: Adventurer Thread  (Read 19184 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Thread
« Reply #45: May 27, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »
My gear is only at 9. Never had this happen before though.

An even more odd thing happened: I was on wave three of undead, when I just started getting the "blank" screen (no sign of undead), as if the hunt had been interrupted by another hunter. Same day, same time (one hunt after another)...and there are no other adventurers in the region.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 27, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »
Well, no offense, but how do you expect to find monsters if your adventuring skill is at 9?  ::)

Thoug your case is rather... rare. I've never had it that bad I think, but then again I don't really keep track of investigations vs hunts.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: May 27, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
I've seen that before, I've always assumed this means that you have hunted them all, but on round three and at "many rumours" it does seem unlikely.

As for missing them 5 times out of 7, at 9% gear that will happen once in a while, but it gets better as you gear and train up. It's very difficult to get to a champion below 25% skill, although not impossible.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 27, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »
Yeah, I've been focusing on items more than rogues. When I first started out it was quite easy to find rogues though.

The good old days **sigh**  ::)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 27, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
You investigate the monster situation in Batesaor. You hear many rumours about monsters and encounter several witnesses who have seen them with their own eyes.

I would consider that message to be only slightly promising of a prospect. I often pass stuff like that by without even bothering, unless there's a good bounty.

Also, gear of 9? If that's the case, it doesn't surprise me that you don't find much of anything.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 27, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
I would consider that message to be only slightly promising of a prospect. I often pass stuff like that by without even bothering, unless there's a good bounty.

Sarcasm?

Edit: Ah, wait, I see you are on Dwilight. That explains it...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:35:18 PM by Bael »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: May 27, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »
Don't forget , you can also adjust your hunting to a more risky option, which will also increase your chances of encountering monsters.

And yes, my advy is on Dwilight. And in the Libero Empire, as well, so it's not even a frontier realm like Terran or Pian en Luries. Still, the lords up here usually don't have bounties set, and I almost never hunt in those regions.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 27, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
Down south (Fissoa) bounties (and the attracted adventurers) are vital.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: May 28, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »
Don't forget , you can also adjust your hunting to a more risky option, which will also increase your chances of encountering monsters.

... is there even any point in not going the most risky option? that is, once you get a bit of equipment so you don't get wounded all that often.

i usually can't find anything unless  max risk...
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 28, 2011, 09:49:48 AM »
Well the whole you won't get seriously wounded (and lose lots of hours) or get killed thing is generally a good reason ;) I figure those chances increase as you go more risky.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 28, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
... is there even any point in not going the most risky option? that is, once you get a bit of equipment so you don't get wounded all that often.

i usually can't find anything unless  max risk...

I've had my advy wounded at "stealth" before ("many monsters in this area, you see many signs of them with your own eyes"- or something)
She only has 25/25 gear though.

So yes, the settings can be useful :P On max she would have probably been killed.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 13, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
You have found a black diamond - a cursed gem that is said to bring bad luck. Nobody is willing to pay for it, you believe.

.. i wonder if that's why you can't give it away....
firefox

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 13, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
Adventurers needed in Fissoa. Bounties maintained, Guild membership with RP possibilities and monthly grants offered.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 13, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »
I've had my advy wounded at "stealth" before ("many monsters in this area, you see many signs of them with your own eyes"- or something)
She only has 25/25 gear though.

So yes, the settings can be useful :P On max she would have probably been killed.
My advy on Dwilight routinely gets routed on the stealth setting. The second lowest, one right below the default. That's with 50/50 skill and EQ. I also hunt a lot in regions that are swarming with monsters, often with full-out monster outbreaks in progress.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #59: June 15, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
Mm, Atamara, with less than 50/50 ratings, went Max Aggro all the time against undead. Got seriously wounded by Undead Champs about 20 times. Never died, strangely enough. Became a noble at age 27.