Author Topic: Moving the family home  (Read 1770 times)

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Moving the family home
« Topic Start: April 21, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
I seem to remember it used to be possible to relocate your family home.  Has this feature since been removed?
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Moving the family home
« Reply #1: April 21, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
Nope. It's just never been a common thing to have access to.

It's only available for heroes, and you need to have a certain amount of gold on hand and family gold. And then you just need to get lucky.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 21, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »
Nope. It's just never been a common thing to have access to.

It's only available for heroes, and you need to have a certain amount of gold on hand and family gold. And then you just need to get lucky.

Oh, I didn't realize it was a hero-specific action.  On my old character (who was a hero), I seemed to get the option each time I was in the region he was lord of, so I assumed it was a feature related to being a lord (and I have very rarely actually been in the regions my character has been lord of).  But now that I actually *want* to move it, I can't (because I'm not a hero!)!  Oh well; thanks for clearing that up for me, Anaris.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:09:35 PM by OFaolain »
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 21, 2014, 06:35:43 PM »
FWIW - You will see the option, even if you don't have the gold on you. I think it appears under the "Things you can't do" section, though, but not positive. If you can get the gold before the turn change, you should be able to take advantage of it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 22, 2014, 01:48:10 AM »
I have a question about family home too. If the family home is affected by ice glacier, ie. the home is located in the region consumed by ice, what will happen? Will those players get the option to move their family homes even though they are not Hero?

Note: My character family home not affected, just for the record.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: April 22, 2014, 02:04:14 AM »
I am guessing these family homes will move as well :o

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 22, 2014, 02:25:24 AM »
We haven't discussed that, but I think I probably will make moving those family homes easier at some point—much as was done for those who had family homes on the original War Islands before they sank, and those who had families created before family homes existed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan