Author Topic: Trouble accessing BM  (Read 1441 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Trouble accessing BM
« Topic Start: April 23, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »
The player of the Telrunya family asked to post this:

Out-of-Character from Marche Telrunya   (6 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (33 recipients)
Can't post on the forums using a proxy apparently. Can someone please post this on the forums? I can read them fine, I just can't post anything:

Ever since yesterday, the Battlemaster website (+wiki, +forums etc.) has been down for me. Every time I try to connect to the website, it just tries to load for a long time and then times out. At first, I thought BM was just having some issues, but it's still going on today. Hence I went and checked and managed to connect to BM without problems through a proxy server, but this is of course not ideal for playing BM. I tried to flush dns settings, as I remembered something like that from a while back, but that did nothing. No other websites so far have had similar issues.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try to do to fix this issue?
Bart Taal

I don't have this problem personally, I don't know how widespread it can be.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble accessing BM
« Reply #1: April 23, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
Based on the fact that clearly most people are being able to access BM, this seems most likely to be a network issue on his end.

I'm afraid there's really very little we can do if that's the case.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 23, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
I have had some intermittent issues the last few days where BM was very slow and nothing else was, but I could still access the actual site.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 27, 2014, 12:34:27 AM »
If he sets his DNS server to something other than his ISP provided server (such as google's at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) it might resolve it. But yeah, definitely a network issue.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.