Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Sharns choices in life  (Read 5150 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
During the mass exodus on Dwilight; of the West emmigrating to the East; Sharn collected enough coin to hire a boat crew to ferry her across the sea. The crew abandoned her in the Desert of Sillhouettes and took her gold. Sharn didn't realise she had been conned until it was too late.

(OOC: I landed there and found myself trapped with every surrounding region being miles and miles away, ie would take several turns to travel to any another region. So I decided to create a storyline with Sharn being stranded in the desert)

Roleplay from Sharn

The landing boat swept half beached upon the sandy shore.
"Here you go young lady" a shipmate said, half chucking to himself "It's nay but a short stroll to the nearest tavern"
Several more subtle sniggers from other crew members could also be heard as the shipmate tossed Sharns sack into the surf. The entire journey was uncomfortable for her, sat in silence feeling like an outcast, whilst the crew members whispered, joked and constantly stared at her over their shoulders. Upon this ship voyage, Sharn had discovered her tendancy for sea-sickness and was in no mood to draw her dagger and start slicing the throats of those who mocked her.

As the ship crew worked to drag the boat out to sea behind her, Sharn walked towards the nearest dune and climbed to its peak. She stood for a moment--still--unsure of how to feel. She was now 'in on the joke', knowing the reasons for her mockery.
How can one be so stupid?! she screamed out into the vast wilderness of dunes and rocks which lay ahead of her and beyond her vision, in all directions.
Nothing for twenty miles or more she realised.

"Wait Wait!" She screamed in a fit of panic, as she turned and ran back towards the shore, "Come back!"
The crew had reached the ship and were bording when they looked to see Sharn running into the sea after them. They laughed, pulled anchor and set sail for the open sea.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd