Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Sharns choices in life  (Read 5061 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I thought it about time to post up the RP's of my adventurer Sharn

Sharn is of noble blood who was cast out of her family estate by her Father, for reasons that may be revealed further on in the story. Sharn made a choice to live the life of a nomad/adventurer.
She appears to her Brother Logar on occasion, under ther guise of the 'Cloaked Stranger'. She meets with Logar whilst hiding her identity under the cover of her cloak, with the pretence of being just a friend who simply wishes to offer him gifts and information. She has become one of Logars important contacts.

And so begins the adventures of Sharn Soul.....
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

After speaking with many conspicuous characters in Gonophor, Sharn heeded the advice given and found herself nearing the end of a dark passage between two taverns. Where the passage ended, she faced a large oak door with a small closed shutter. Cautiously, she tapped the door with her staff.
Shhthud...the shutter swiftly opened. A cloaked old man, with four scars resembling claw marks of an old battle wound, gazed at her--scrutinizing this stranger.

Upon identifying herself and of her business, the hagard old man satisfied, opened the door and allowed her entry.
Sharn had finally found the elusive 'Guildhouse of Thesaurum Venari'.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

Rain hammerd down, Sharn was dry within the tent which echoed with the dampened sounds of the impacting raindrops. Awoken by the storm, Sharn suddenly felt thankful for the gift of the tent given to her by a generous fellow common hunter.

Then the realisation hit, Sharn felt good.
She had been recovering from injuries caused by the darn fearless beasts that reside numerously within the Zuma lands. Often drifting In and out of conciousness, she lost all concept of time and had no recollection of the length of time she had been here...or even how she managed to erect the test. But she now felt good.
Confident of her good health, she decided to get some more rest before attempting to locate her fellow companions she had befriended temporarily, before she was struck down by the foes. She decided to make a fresh start in the morning and was determined to seek the beast who knocked her down and reap her revenge, and claim her rewards...

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
After being attacked by the infiltrator Mo Gene, while she slept, she decided to hunt him down. Unfortunately she never did get the chance to catch up with him.

Roleplay from Sharn

It the town of Echiurfield, after spending a week in her tent, Sharn cherished this opportunity to rent a private room to enjoy some rare luxury, before her long journey ahead. Despite the howling blizzards and brittle freezing temperatures, not unusual for a standard Asylon Winter, she had made excellent traveltime from the outskirts of the unhospitable Zuma lands. She placed her rucksack in the corner of her rented space, sat herself on the end of the bed, closed her eyes and sighed with relief.

Later that evening, seeking the warmth of an open fire, Sharn left her room and decended to the bar.
The room was buzzing with whisperings and quiet conversation. Nobody seemingly paid any attention to her. Muffled murmurs from behind caught her attention. Did she just hear that name? Curiosity urged her to move closer. Whilst unnoticed, Sharn focused on the conversation between the two local men, revealing to her some interesting news.
Upon digesting the news, Sharn wondered if it meant that her quest will be far shorter than she had first anticipated. What she sought may come to her instead.

With unexpected time on her hands, Sharn decided to take the opportunity to aquire some extra training from fighting the beasts that frequent
the Heaps of Vakreno, whilst considering her next move.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:44:48 PM by Logar »

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Continuing her persuit of her attacker Mo Gene, she bumped into an old travelling partner.

Roleplay from Sharn

Moving from stall to stall; taking time to blend in with the local people and spending an inconspicuous amount of time to study the wares that were on offer; something caught Sharns attention. It was not an item of worth that had perked her interest, but a suspicious--yet familiar-- looking character who seemed to stand out from the crowd a few stall further along.

"Enjoying your stroll young man?", Sharn whispered to Leithdrow Cuir from behind, startling the traveller. "You should have told me you were in town my friend. I would have given you the location of the undead and treasures I discovered."
Then curiously Sharn questioned, with one raised eyebrow "You are not following me are you, hmm?"

------------------------------------------------------

Roleplay from Leithdrow Cuir

"Silver mirror ...silver mirror where are you? Oh here I am here I am how do you do..." Singing the odd little tune Leithdrow looked through the junk displayed on the tables. Militia and peasants did a good job of staring at him and some even so bold as to bother him in his search.

"You look like a beast killer" one would say while another would spit curses at him distrurbing him constantly from his search.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice came from behind.
"Old dog!" Leithdrow shouted as he saw Sharn a travelled friend stride towards him.
"I am lost really." Leithdrow said as he threw some junk at Sharn. " That damn sage has eluded me again I nearly ended up in Wallershire looking for him. Have you seen any of them crazies about?"

Roleplay from Sharn

"Im sorry my friend, I have not seen a 'crazy' for days, especially not here I not seen one". Then with a cheeky smirk, Sharn continued "The nearest to dem crazys' I have seen, is you!"
Jokingly she then said "oooh thanks for the stone. I need one of them....umm to hold the flap closed on me tent"

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
During the mass exodus on Dwilight; of the West emmigrating to the East; Sharn collected enough coin to hire a boat crew to ferry her across the sea. The crew abandoned her in the Desert of Sillhouettes and took her gold. Sharn didn't realise she had been conned until it was too late.

(OOC: I landed there and found myself trapped with every surrounding region being miles and miles away, ie would take several turns to travel to any another region. So I decided to create a storyline with Sharn being stranded in the desert)

Roleplay from Sharn

The landing boat swept half beached upon the sandy shore.
"Here you go young lady" a shipmate said, half chucking to himself "It's nay but a short stroll to the nearest tavern"
Several more subtle sniggers from other crew members could also be heard as the shipmate tossed Sharns sack into the surf. The entire journey was uncomfortable for her, sat in silence feeling like an outcast, whilst the crew members whispered, joked and constantly stared at her over their shoulders. Upon this ship voyage, Sharn had discovered her tendancy for sea-sickness and was in no mood to draw her dagger and start slicing the throats of those who mocked her.

As the ship crew worked to drag the boat out to sea behind her, Sharn walked towards the nearest dune and climbed to its peak. She stood for a moment--still--unsure of how to feel. She was now 'in on the joke', knowing the reasons for her mockery.
How can one be so stupid?! she screamed out into the vast wilderness of dunes and rocks which lay ahead of her and beyond her vision, in all directions.
Nothing for twenty miles or more she realised.

"Wait Wait!" She screamed in a fit of panic, as she turned and ran back towards the shore, "Come back!"
The crew had reached the ship and were bording when they looked to see Sharn running into the sea after them. They laughed, pulled anchor and set sail for the open sea.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

In a fit of rage Sharn cursed out to the shipcrew who had taken her gold and abandoned her in a deathly wasteland Bastards!
She took a swig of water from her canteen, wiped her mouth, then stomped up the dune to her previous viewing point.
Now thinking logically, she assessed her situation. She needed to move North,  and then vaguely glimped a small rocky patch in that direction
Shelter!
The sun was high in the sky beating its heat upon unprotected, scorching sand. Sharn knew she must reach that rock outcrop, and must reach it before dawn
I must travel by night, she decided.

For now, taking shelter under a palm tree close to the waters edge, she set up her tent and rested til darkness approached.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

The chill of the evening breeze woke Sharn from her dream--She had dreamt of that disturbing night; the night the blade of Mo Gene had embedded itself within her side. She had heard rumours of his execution, which put a smile on her face. Her only regret was not finding the opportunity to execute him with her own hands.

She packed her tent, picked up her heavy burden and began the tiresome march over rolling dunes, under the silver glare of a full moon.
She walked long into the night, up and down, up and down--tiresome, repetative, mindnumbing. She had sipped the last drop of water from her canteen, not ten minutes ago, yet she tried for more. The dark shadow of the outcrop, silhouetted againtst the night sky grew too slowly.

Although the sun was down, the air was still dry. The temperature was cooler that day, yet continued to leech moisture from the skin.
After another hour of dragging sand with her tired feet, Sharn began to feel light-headed. Excessively dehydrated, she wanted to lay down and sleep. When she reached the peak of yet another dune, she stopped briefly. She decided the outcrop was still yet another 4 hours travel.
I cannot make it! she despaired
It was then, when something caught her attention. previously, the view being obscured by the dune she now stood, she saw the shadow of a building in the distance, set within an estate within a boundry of stone walls.
Abandoned by the looks of it, she thought.

Sharn picked herself up and began her journey towards the estate using the energy gained from the adrenalin rush of her renewed hope.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

The estate manor was a ruin; it had succumbed to the erroding forces of the sand storms that etched away, revealing interesting smooth patterns upon the the stony foundations. Some walls had collapsed due to the absence of maintenance over a period of many moons, and much of the roofing was missing. Carcasses of cattle lay strewn in the fields surrounding the building, many of which showed signs of savagery; probably monsters and undead
How is it possible that people could have survived out here? Sharn wondered.

Still parched, she proceded to explore the interior. She was on the hunt for water. Pulling together a few scraps of wooden debris and dry twigs, she created a make-shift torch, lit it and began to walk the dark corridors investigating each room as she passed.
Now entering the great central hall, the bright moonlight shone down through the ceiling that was once present in the past, now merely an open ceiling of twinkling stars. Through the gaping hole, the moon shone it's focused beam illuminating the giant statue occupying the centre of this great hall. In its crumbling state, the statue was of an unrecognisable figure, the head broken away and had fallen into the pool below--Water!
Sharn rushed to the pool, dunked her head and began lapping up mouthfuls of water, mimicking the likes of an ever-thirsty dog.
The pool was fed by an adjoining well, cleverly disguised into the design of the once important monument.

Now revitalised, she continued her expedition through the ruins of the manor seeking food and a place to set up her tent. At the end of one corridor she entered a room; still intact. It was the old masters chamber with a large oak desk situated within one corner. Upon the desk sat two locked wooden boxes; one was inscribed with the words 'Monster Bounty', the other 'Undead Bounty'. Picking up the monster bounty box, she hurled it against the wall shattering it into tiny splinters. The box was empty. Next she picked up the undead bounty box, spun around in a dancing fashion, launching the second box against the wall. Upon impact, Sharn found herself showered in debris as silver coins bounced off the walls in all directions.

Upon collecting the coins, she discovered her purse now contained 211 silver coins.
A fitting gift for the newly appointed Lady of the Manor! she fantasised, I'm beginning to like this place.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

Sharn awoke on schedule, twenty minutes after sundown. Two nights had passed, and this was now her third--It is time to leave

Her pack was ready bulging furthermore from the extra food she had gathered: Hams smoked and salted, a few pickled vegetables and a small casket of wine. She had plenty of water for the journey, she made sure of that.

Leaving the shadow of 'her' manorhouse behind, she set her pace and headed out into the dunes once again. The rocky outcrop beckoned--This time she was prepared.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

At the foot of the outcrop, Sharn looked up. Towered above her, she faced a wall of rock. various caves were spotted here and there along the foot of the cliffs either side, shelter perhaps.
Further along there seemed to be a crack; moonlight shone through. Sharn battled the scree and scrambled onto the rocky base. She made her way along the base of the cliffs in the direction of the crack she had spotted.

Upon clambering through the crack, reaching the other side, Sharn was confronted with a vast empty wilderness. Within the wilderness, a curious line of rocks could be seen in the hazy distance. Naturally her curious nature guided her as she stepped onto the sand and journeyed for that strange line of rocks.

Any hopes of leaving the desert were shattered. Her screams echoed all around reflecting back again and again; bouncing off the canyon walls which dropped far below her feet. She stood at the edge of a cliff. The mystery of the line of rocks was eventually discovered to be that of a canyon--a vast canyon which stretched out in either direction, beyond vision.

In a stubborn temper, she swiped her sack from the floor, turned and stomped back, heading in the direction of her manor.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

The return journey back to Sharns manorhouse was an arduous one. The howling gusts of a sand storm came in fast, and forced her to seek refuge in one of the many caves which frequented the base of the rocky outcrop. For a whole night and day she took shelter before setting out again into the night.

The journey was uninteresting--monotonous. Along the way Sharn spotted some remnants of recent monster and undead activity, but nothing to cause her much concern. I musn't allow myself to become to complacent though, she reminded herself.

Now back at her manor, she placed her pack down beside here camping corner and renourished herself with some salted ham and a pickled onion.
Upon completing her feast she let out a gently sigh--a sigh of relief, not of despair she realised.
Requiring some time of contemplation, Sharn to a stroll to the East Wing and sought a room she had discovered during her first exploration of her half-ruined palace.
This particular room appealed to her greatly; it was clearly once occupied by a female, possibly the original Dame of the estate. All around were female things: trinkets, silver jewelry and general ornaments above the now extinguished fireplace. A quaint and rather cute looking desk was positioned by the window. Mounted upon it was a mirror, cracked but nonetheless intact; The dust wiped clean with a rag; revealing a beautifully young woman staring back, brown almond eyes and locks of Auburn hair flowed past her shoulders. Sharn smiled, it was a rare occasion for her to stare at oneself in a mirror, and she was pleased that she had still not lost her air of youth to the traumas that invade her life.

She took off her cloak and slipped into a fine gown that had been left in a pile by the previous occupants; seemingly in their rush to escape the region. The gown was red, of good quality velvet and lined with fine silks. The bodice was of a satin cloth and adorned with pearls, beads and gold threads. Without the assistance of a maid, she pulled the lace tight giving her a finely shaped waistline and tied it as best as she could. She was a Queen.
Sharn the Sandwalker, Queen of the desert!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:01:09 PM by Logar »

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

Sharn in her flowing red gown approached the central fountain. She tugged at the lace to loosen the bodice. The dress glided down her fully naked body into a pile on the floor. She stepped into the pool and gently sat down, slowly sinking until fully immersed with water up to her chin. She bathed away the sand, sweat and filth of the last few days which felt immensely invigourating.

Now relaxed she closed her eyes and thought of the days to come. She felt at peace, secluded, too many miles for anyone to have reason to
travel--She felt safe. This she decided, was to become her own personal retreat.
I still must find a way out of this place though, she thought, I need to see my Brother. Dear Gods there must be a pass through that canyon! if only I can find it.

Thoughts turned to dreams whilst the stars shone down upon the sleeping Queen of the desert, bathing within a pool of clean refreshing water.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Sharn

Sharn awoke to the rhythmic sound of jangling metal, carried from a distance by the breeze.
Startled, she grabbed her scabbard which laid beside her, put on her cloak then rushed to observe her surroundings through a paneless window. All was 'still' outside, but the sound could still be heard.

Through the stone arch which was once known to be the main gate of the estate, Sharn hurried to the nearest dune and climbed to its peak for a better view. Concealed by her sand ridden cloak, she observed a single young looking knight with Western features, crossing the dessert plain towards her. She continued to observe and wait for the opportunity to confront the traveller. Predicting the path, Sharn positioned herself, knelt and covered herself with sand to mimic one of the many ripples upon the dunes.

As the young heavily-footed knight passed the camouflaged hump, the knight stopped abruptly when the blade of a dagger was reached from behind and pressed firmly upon his throat.
No word was spoken whilst Sharn fumbled through the knights pockets until she found what she was seeking--some information of the identity of the knight.
"Sir Frederic eh?" She spoke, "From Barca it seems, from the West"
Sharn released the young knight and allowed Sir Frederic to face her. "I am Sharn the Sandwalker, Queen of the desert! What news of the West young man? What bringeth your travels through my dunes?"

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Despite always avoiding complacency-- Sharn obviously failed on this particular occasion.

Roleplay from Sharn

With the likeness of a desert rat, Sharn moved between dunes with utter stealth towards the campfire. One man was visible beside the fire with his back towards her as she crept upon the knight without sound.
Sharn drew her dagger and from behind pressed it against the throat of this stranger of her desert. The man froze without speaking as Sharn removed his blade before allowing him to turn to face her. Now Sharn sheathed her own blade and spoke "Speak your name Sir knight!"
The knight responded "I am Kori of Swordfell"
"I am Sharn the Sandwalker, Queen of the desert!" She replied, "What business have you, travelling through my dunes Sir Kori?"

Roleplay from Kori Gould

Kori looked up at Sharn and smiled.  He raised his hand and gave a waving motion, a sort of signal.  With great speed Kori's 22 men at arms came upon the Queen of the Desert of Silhouettes.  The beating lasted what seemed to be an hour until life had almost left her majesty.

"Bring this one with us.  She has courage...yes, but perhaps she should learn her place before approaching nobility with such hostility.  See
that she is checked into the dungeons of Balance's Retreat upon our return."

Roleplay from Sharn

As Sir Kori began to speak, Sharn felt the sharp pain from the back of her head. Kori's words were drowned out by ringing within Sharns ears as her vision darkened, before collapsing to the sand unconcious. A hood was thrust over her head before being dragged away by Kori's guards, who had approached from behind-- with the likeness of the same desert rat mimicked by Sharn moments before.

Sharn awoke bruised and bent over with pain. All around were stone walls apart from one lonely heavy door with bars. She found herself in the dungeons of Swordfell.

Curses! What predicament have I stupidly got myself in this time!