Author Topic: "Secret societies" message groups for Adventurers  (Read 2127 times)

Jens Namtrah

this idea is actually the combination of two role plays going on BT at the moment.

I was actually going to suggest opening secret societies to adventurers, but as I started to describe it I realized that if they could simply create a message group - perhaps "purchase" one for a high price to keep it limited - it would serve 90% of my idea.

So - for a high price (100, 200 gold), an adventurer (one time only?) could start a message group labeled "secret society" & invite other adventurers only, in the same manner as the ruler can do now.

This would allow for the formation of anything as innocent as a collective hunting group to as dastardly as a group of highwaymen, but really just make it much easier for a group of characters to communicate without a million clicks, and keep nobles out so they have more freedom to do "bad" things.

I hope this would make it easier to do more collective role playing

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I was initially going to reply that the formation of a guild/ss is within the lord's bailiwick. The ability for anyone else to do that undermines the lord's authority and powers.

However, I think I actually agree that advies need some form of communication ability. My trials of the advy class have always been severely affected by the lack of communication. Even the ability to send a message to "all nearby advies" isn't really adequate. It's great for finding more people around you , but not good for maintaining a long association, especially among a group. And in a guild, advies need to pay money for each letter they send.

Maybe some kind of enhanced communication for advies would be a good idea. I'm just not sure how it should work. Some kind of limited advies-only group with very limited options/flexibility?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
And in a guild, advies need to pay money for each letter they send.

I always though that was a needless restrictions. Even if a Lord does found an advy guild, it makes it needlessly expensive for characters who need gold more than most.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Eirikr

And in a guild, advies need to pay money for each letter they send.

WHAT? They do? So much has been explained!

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
Yes. One silver I remember. When I play adventurer, I will take note about different weapon prices in different regions in order to save one or two silvers. So that really hurt the ability to communicate with others.

I am already excited about the potentially enhanced communication feature for adventurers!