Author Topic: Allow nobles with no estate to use the steal food looting option  (Read 1903 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Title: Allow nobles with no estate to use the steal food looting option.

Summary: When you use the steal food option, it sends the food back to whatever region you have your estate in. If you have no estate (for instance a ruler that does not also have a region) you can't steal food as there's no region for you to send it back to and the option just doesn't appear. I propose that if you have no estate, any food you steal gets sent back to the capital instead.

Benefits: Allows nobles with no estate access to the same looting options as other nobles.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: None.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I think that sounds like a great idea.  Although, I had an estate in a region and only saw the "burn food" option rather than a "steal food" option.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Turns out there was already code in place sending the food to the capital if you didn't have an estate—I just had to remove the code that explicitly blocked you from seeing the option if you didn't have one.

Should work now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

Turns out there was already code in place sending the food to the capital if you didn't have an estate—I just had to remove the code that explicitly blocked you from seeing the option if you didn't have one.

Should work now.

Huh. Imagine that.