Author Topic: Future of Atamara  (Read 37646 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Atamara
« Topic Start: April 28, 2014, 03:56:34 PM »
Yes, especially in the case of Kindara, where practically the entire realm was covered by the glacier. That was an awesome decision that Kindara made - to freeze the entire south of their realm. Damn these player decisions! Damn them!

Its was especially foolish on their part to do this, because the distance south from other realms was the only thing that made the war viable. Such silly players.

Um...no, actually; I think Kindara's reaction was one of the strongest and most positive I saw. And did you not notice the part where I explicitly said "the realms affected by the glacier on Atamara"?

Kindara and Eponllyn both reacted quite sensibly, in their different ways. Kindara was unlucky enough that the enemy it hoped to take new lands from was able to hold it off for long enough (and now, from what little I hear, they're planning to fight to the death rather than accept living in a reduced realm with a chance to come back later; though it's not the choice I would make, it's their choice), and Eponllyn is small, but still fighting hard to survive in their new home.

There seem to be mixed results with the displaced Dwilight realms, too. Niselur more or less joined Luria, while Barca has now managed to get some new regions carved out of Luria, after some near-disastrous early results of that strategy. I don't know offhand how (or what) Asylon's doing at the moment. Astrum and D'Hara, from what I can see, are just accepting the loss of their western regions, though I would be shocked if D'Hara didn't try to take at least a little more on the eastern mainland from Luria :)

From, again, what little I hear about Atamara, however, Darka has utterly refused to try to take any new lands, and the realms losing land in the east of AT have either tried and failed, or just sort of run around like chickens with their heads cut off until it was too late to try anything. However, I'd be most pleased to be proven wrong in this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan