Author Topic: Future of Atamara  (Read 37601 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Atamara
« Reply #15: May 01, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
From, again, what little I hear about Atamara, however, Darka has utterly refused to try to take any new lands, and the realms losing land in the east of AT have either tried and failed, or just sort of run around like chickens with their heads cut off until it was too late to try anything. However, I'd be most pleased to be proven wrong in this.

Darka didn't refuse. There simply was no chance. It was already in a situation where CE would side with any realm we chose to attack, making any land gains improbable at best. We only managed the former Lyonesse lands because the lord of Hawthorne decided to join us and effectively kill his former realm. The ice simply moved too fast and crippled our recruiting ability while we were defending what little we gained against CE. The preceding Ice Trolls made it that much worse since we lost regions even before the ice took them over. The way the whole thing works really screwed us over and the little bonuses given to help were as good as an insult.

Did I propose a joint action plan with Rieleston and Minas Leon? I did. Rieleston largely didn't bother replying to anything. Maybe after a third letter they'd reply something that didn't address anything I'd asked or said. Minas Leon simply said it was too risky. So yeah..not much you can do in that situation.

That beats the Duchess of Azzal dragging half the realm into Talerium without bothering to mention it to anyone first

You still insist on calling him a her. Don't wonder why he doesn't like you.
Future of Atamara?

Every day I care less and less about it, but over all I don't see it being that bright.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.