Author Topic: Future of Atamara  (Read 37083 times)

Eirikr

Re: Future of Atamara
« Reply #30: May 02, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
I think the stories of CE having taken over the entire island are just a tad exaggerated. Look at the map.

There only needs an alliance of Realms concerned about that to band together to splinter the whole place again. Depends on leaders being able to shake off "We've always been friends of CE" for a few minutes and look at them as a threat to their own sovereignty, and enough players to get their nobles behind a fight. 
:D
Been there, done that.

For a minute there, I thought he was quoting Silverfire word for word. (And others before him.)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 02, 2014, 03:36:58 PM »
Whatever changes in the political and military situations on the continents affected by the glaciers and the monsters came about because of the players' decisions. That is the way BattleMaster works.

I agree on this one, on BM specially on Atamara is mostly the player/character decision that made the things like they are now.

I have complained "8950739582" times why on Atamara, the loser realm always join the conqueror. You guys have no idea how easy is to cripple a realm as the Empire in a continent with the size of Atamara.

But on this world (BM) reasons work in strange ways, every new realm brainwash the nobles and makes them forget who was the enemy who destroyed their past realm, and makes them love their past enemies and hold hands.

The Empire has always been CE, Tara & their long time ally Tallerium, the rest are just Posers:

Silnaria
Lyonesse
Minas Leon
Rieleston

All of those realms occupy the same geographical location and even is made of nobles who fought  the Empire before, and now they are allies to it.

Don't talk about regions talk about Players/Nobles, The size of the Empire haven't changed, all what they have done so far is conquered the enemy to make them fight another enemy.

Is too late to blame the Ice....... it has nothing to do with this.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 02, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »
You forget Suville(Abington)

The problem is that Federation owns half of the continent. It would need other half to be united to compete with it, we had that coalition but it was far from united, so we failed. I doubt there will be anybody anytime soon who would challenge any of the core parts of that alliance. Only hope is that it will have internal strifes which would make it weaker.

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 02, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »
I think the stories of CE having taken over the entire island are just a tad exaggerated.

Well, jaune is the only one saying that, and he is obviously biased. If you are getting beaten, you would want to describe your opponent as some unstoppable monster, so that you don't come off looking too bad for losing.

CE might be the strongest realm on AT (debatable), but she is far from hegemony. Being able to defend herself is a very different thing from being able to subjugate the entire island.
------
qui audet vincit

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 02, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »
I'm not talking about only CE. CE is federated with Tara & Strombran. Thats landmass of over half of Atamara. It is allied with  every other except 20 regions overall on Atamara.

Thehatter

« Reply #35: May 02, 2014, 10:06:13 PM »
Jaune has may good points. The empire is evil...... Evil.

It would take a unified front to defeat them because should CE be invaded it would have the backing of Talerium, Tara, and Strombran which is more then half the map now. In the past no one card to join to gather in fear that there realm would be destroyed or they were involved with their own petty wars, fast forward and there realm gets destroyed anyways.

They only thing that would break the empires grasp is if one of their allies turned on them and they have the backing of what ever scrap realms are left.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 02, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »
I'm not talking about only CE. CE is federated with Tara & Strombran. Thats landmass of over half of Atamara. It is allied with  every other except 20 regions overall on Atamara.

But Darka is not facing Taran or Strombran troops anymore. You are fighting CE forces only.

If you want to go back to when the southern realms were actively working together, it was to defend themselves from the Northern Federation. The match up, as I recall, was CE + Tara + Talerium + Coria versus Darka + Eston + Barony of Makar + Norland + Minas Ithil + Hammarsett + Carelia + Caergoth + Suville. Your side had more landmass, more manpower, and more wealth. Darka did not start out as the underdog.

Your main complaint seems to be "my side lost".
------
qui audet vincit

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 02, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
I dont mind losing. Realms i have lead have lost before. Situation now is far worse than it was when that war started, back then we were able to get some sort of agreement to attack CE with that huge coalition. CE did outstanding job, on military sector and especially on diplomatic sector. And our side sucked donkey balls and failed miserably.

Situation now is that there is no way that anybody dares to raise hand against any of the (core)coalition members. Props to Suville that it has conflict  with Tara, even thought Tara seem to have agreed not to attack them as far as i know.

Thehatter

« Reply #38: May 02, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »
I think your information is incorrect. Norland was long dead before Hammarsett and Hammersett was created when the Empire and friends spanked MI. Eston didnt jump into the fray until after Ml was fourmed I believe.

Suville was also sided with the empire I do believe that they sent forces to Falasan.....

It was long ago so I may also be incorrect.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 02, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
I dont mind losing. Realms i have lead have lost before. Situation now is far worse than it was when that war started, back then we were able to get some sort of agreement to attack CE with that huge coalition. CE did outstanding job, on military sector and especially on diplomatic sector. And our side sucked donkey balls and failed miserably.

Situation now is that there is no way that anybody dares to raise hand against any of the (core)coalition members. Props to Suville that it has conflict  with Tara, even though Tara seem to have agreed not to attack them as far as i know.
Correction. Suville has not had conflict with Tara, they had conflict with Carelia, and Carelia called in their allies to help.
Well, jaune is the only one saying that, and he is obviously biased. If you are getting beaten, you would want to describe your opponent as some unstoppable monster, so that you don't come off looking too bad for losing.

CE might be the strongest realm on AT (debatable), but she is far from hegemony. Being able to defend herself is a very different thing from being able to subjugate the entire island.
What are you talking about? CE is obviously strongest realm on AT and is completely a hegemony.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 02, 2014, 10:56:23 PM »
The last war didn't start until after Norland was dead.

Suville started on the non-Empire side, but quickly turned and attacked Carelia when Carelia didn't deliver a promised city to Carelia. Or something like that. Anyway, Suville wasn't really on the non-Empire side very much.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: May 02, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »

Suville started on the non-Empire side, but quickly turned and attacked Carelia when Carelia didn't deliver a promised city to Carelia. Or something like that. Anyway, Suville wasn't really on the non-Empire side very much.
I joined the game midwar, so I can't say for sure how long Suville was an ally, but I would say at least 2 months after I joined. The deal was at the end of the war Carelia was to give each realm a duchy. Caergoth demanded theirs midwar before I joined and got it, then Suville demanded theirs. Suville got told no, because we were in the middle of the war and starting to lose so we could not just go and give them a duchy. So Suville flipped sides and CE and Suville looted the crap out of Carelia at the same time.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Thehatter

« Reply #42: May 02, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »
We should invade the empire and remove all "holy hand grenade of antioch".

This is the weapon that gives them power!

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 03, 2014, 06:00:02 AM »
CE did outstanding job, on military sector and especially on diplomatic sector. And our side sucked donkey balls and failed miserably.

Thank you. :) I think you're selling Darka short though. Someday I will find out exactly how large of a pile of gold Darka is still sitting on.

What are you talking about? CE is obviously strongest realm on AT and is completely a hegemony.

Except we couldn't even make a dent in Darka by ourselves so far. Not very impressive for a supposed hegemon. Maybe things will change now that Darka lost three duchies to the ice and another duchy to defection, but any victory after this will be a hollow one.

In a way, CE is a victim of the ice too. A year from now, people will probably say "oh CE only won because the Devs intervened and saved their butts."

I went back and re-read some of the old threats. You're right. My bad. We definitely were fighting Hammarsett, though, which was mostly composed of Norland refugees. (No surprises there.)

As for the future, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Doomsayers have been saying "there will be no more wars on [insert island name here] ever again!!1!" for years. And yet someone always volunteers to put on the red shirt in the end.
------
qui audet vincit

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 06, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »
In a way, CE is a victim of the ice too. A year from now, people will probably say "oh CE only won because the Devs intervened and saved their butts."

A year from now? Now thats funny.

Concretely, you actually did only win because of the ice. Darka had been increasing its borders since your arrival, and unless you would have brought several armies from the south you (CE) would have gained 0 progress in this war since all you managed was to loot some rurals which Darka reclaimed before your next arrival.

Now however CE is attacking and looting a broken, divided and crushed realm. The honour-points for CE keeps on collecting I suppose. From what I hear, CE is refusing to accept the diplomatic surrender of Darka, most likely to build the idea that CE somehow managed to beat Darka by force. If this is not caused by ooc inactivity I consider it truly despicable and dishonourable warfare by a realm trying to manufacture a victory out of falsehood.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.