Author Topic: Future of Atamara  (Read 37639 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Atamara
« Reply #45: May 06, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »
Concretely, you actually did only win because of the ice. Darka had been increasing its borders since your arrival, and unless you would have brought several armies from the south you (CE) would have gained 0 progress in this war since all you managed was to loot some rurals which Darka reclaimed before your next arrival.

You hear that, jaune? Darka was growing bigger! CE made 0 progress! Darka was obviously #winning!

It was a good thing that the Devs saved us.

Now however CE is attacking and looting a broken, divided and crushed realm. The honour-points for CE keeps on collecting I suppose. From what I hear, CE is refusing to accept the diplomatic surrender of Darka, most likely to build the idea that CE somehow managed to beat Darka by force. If this is not caused by ooc inactivity I consider it truly despicable and dishonourable warfare by a realm trying to manufacture a victory out of falsehood.

You should get some better sources, preferably ones that won't lie to you.
------
qui audet vincit

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 06, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »
You hear that, jaune? Darka was growing bigger! CE made 0 progress! Darka was obviously #winning!

It was a good thing that the Devs saved us.

You ought to learn to see the difference between black and white. Darka was expanding, clear as fact. If you want to deny it, go ahead. Did I say it was at CE's expense? No. Did CE have any kind of progress in the war? No. You looted regions and Darka took them back and had them under full control again when you came back (except when you in the early stages came with several realms armies).

You should get some better sources, preferably ones that won't lie to you.
This means then that CE truly does accept Darkas surrender? The contentious attacks and lootings points to other directions, but Im glad to hear you sharing your thoughts on the issue.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Eirikr

« Reply #47: May 07, 2014, 02:19:04 AM »
This means then that CE truly does accept Darkas surrender? The contentious attacks and lootings points to other directions, but Im glad to hear you sharing your thoughts on the issue.

I don't want to jump back into this discussion, but I will say: You don't sit around doing nothing when surrender comes on the table. Even if it's being discussed (be it a breakdown in communication or disagreement on terms), you keep pushing. How else do you get the terms you want, regardless of how fair they are?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 07, 2014, 05:14:22 AM »
I don't want to jump back into this discussion, but I will say: You don't sit around doing nothing when surrender comes on the table. Even if it's being discussed (be it a breakdown in communication or disagreement on terms), you keep pushing. How else do you get the terms you want, regardless of how fair they are?

Except those few occasions when Darka was attacking CE i got whined that while i try to negotiate my armies are attacking and negotiations pretty much ended there :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 07, 2014, 05:30:19 AM »
Except those few occasions when Darka was attacking CE i got whined that while i try to negotiate my armies are attacking and negotiations pretty much ended there :)
If you are looking for peace you don't attack, if you are looking for surrender you do. The point being Darka has no advantage and thus was just angering CE during peace talks. CE is looking for surrender, they get peace regardless its what they get from the surrender that is being determined.

Just because its during surrender talks doesn't make it ok, so you can still bitch about it in ruler's channel if you want, but I don't know how much that will help.

At Noldorin,

I am calling complete BS on the ice being the reason that Darka lost. The ice sped up Darka's loss, but it didn't cause it. Darka was losing that war and it was not improving for Darka. Darka stole some of Lyonesse's regions, good for Darka, they were still losing that war.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 07, 2014, 05:47:57 AM »
We were not losing, but we were not winning either :)

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #51: May 07, 2014, 06:01:35 AM »
I am calling complete BS on the ice being the reason that Darka lost. The ice sped up Darka's loss, but it didn't cause it. Darka was losing that war and it was not improving for Darka. Darka stole some of Lyonesse's regions, good for Darka, they were still losing that war.

Give me some of your drugs please. They sure seem cool.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 07, 2014, 06:36:31 AM »
You ought to learn to see the difference between black and white. Darka was expanding, clear as fact. If you want to deny it, go ahead. Did I say it was at CE's expense? No. Did CE have any kind of progress in the war? No. You looted regions and Darka took them back and had them under full control again when you came back (except when you in the early stages came with several realms armies).

Um, I was agreeing with you? That's pretty much what I've been telling people for the entire last page on this thread.

Except we couldn't even make a dent in Darka by ourselves so far. Not very impressive for a supposed hegemon.

You just can't please some people, I suppose.  :(

... I was going to say something here... but we're not supposed to discuss current IC events here anymore, so I'm keep my mouth shut on this one.

I think it's fine to attack during negotiations. I also think it's fine to whine about it on the diplomatic channels. For gods's sakes, what are the diplomats supposed to do if they are not even allowed to whine anymore?

I agree completely. I think Darka had slightly more momentum, though.
------
qui audet vincit

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: May 07, 2014, 06:57:11 AM »
Perhaps I should rephrase it. You were going to lose that war. Darka refused to go on the offensive AFAIK. Thus there was no way that war was ever going to end except in a loss for Darka. As was already said, CE was looting your regions rogue thus it was a slow damage. CE is fine, Darka is getting slowly worse. That means Darka will lose the war.

You can't win a war on defense. You can come to peace on the defense, but I don't see CE ever ending that war unless they won or lost, and without Darka on the defense they were never going to lose the war.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 07, 2014, 07:16:26 AM »
You cant win war without having border either. CE had already lost her allies to help them. They were able to bring only half of the strenght they used to be able until ice came. Allies of CE were fighting each other... that was where Darka based its defence. CE will lose intrest for that war cause their friends did so, and they were not able to advance on it. Darka had lost its faith to actually win that war long time ago, now their goal was to not lose any regions before the end of war and stay strong force on the island. All did decently until ice came.

We had grown some regions, we were able to defend our self with the income we get without exhausting our gold reserves.

When initial plans about the glacier advance were shown, we even thought we still can keep this war going even if we dont grow with our gold reserves, but ice came much more deeper on Darka side than it was shown on those drawings and we run out of space. We lost so much RC's that we were not able to rebuild our armies and those trolls + CE togheter destroyed those new regions we had acquired.

So, we lost this war for real.

This is not to put CE down, CE was true underdog when this all started. If we had planned this better and everybody would have commited to this war for real. CE would have been beaten. But our coalition sucked so much.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 11, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »
I got a funny feeling AT is about to explode.
Forbes Family

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: May 16, 2014, 05:53:18 AM »
Explode or Implode?

Depends on how you see the current situation  ;D

Man the walls gather the militia... Who are we fight?.... Just get ready!
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: May 16, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
I got a funny feeling AT is about to explode.
Nothing has happened yet, so far as I can see. Does this qualify as a hangfire or a dud?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: May 16, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
Well...  :o

scratches head

SOOoooo... Carelia is Federate with the Empire now.... that means we fight Darka now?

shrugs  ???

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: May 16, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Darka vs. Carelia would be even fight :) Both have 2 regions, Darka more nobles thought... but Carelia better economy :P

-Jaune