Author Topic: New Titans/Replacement Magistrates  (Read 2250 times)

stuartalexmc

• Knight
    • View Profile
New Titans/Replacement Magistrates
« Topic Start: May 02, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
I may be missing something but when you announced the closure of the magistrates you said that there would be a merging of a sorts between the two roles.

What's happened about this? Do we still see cases or results on the Forum? Or do we find out when things change in game?

Just wondering :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New Titans/Replacement Magistrates
« Reply #1: May 02, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
I have named a few new Titans to make sure that the system could get started, but I ran into a technical issue that I need to resolve before opening up applications. Unfortunately, most of my energies lately have gone toward the War Islands project, so I haven't yet had time to address this issue.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 02, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »
The Titans are a functional group at the moment, and are handling any cases reported. There are still changes we want to make to the system to make it more dynamic and reliable, as Anaris mentions. However, the Titan system, as it stands now, is functional and actively handling cases.

The devs are still debating how to open the system a little in order to help make some of the results public in a manner that still preserves the anonymity of the system, while still providing evidence that it's working, while still allowing it to set precedents, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 04, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »
titans@news.battlemaster.org seems to bounce back. Is there still a way to contact the Titans without making a complaint about a specific player?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 04, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »
titans@news.battlemaster.org seems to bounce back. Is there still a way to contact the Titans without making a complaint about a specific player?

Good grief, that's ancient...

No, there isn't. Do you have a compelling reason why there should be?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 04, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »
Remove the news. part of it try again.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 04, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »
Good grief, that's ancient...

I found that on the wiki. I sent something now removing the news like Indirik suggested; if this works I could update the wiki.

No, there isn't. Do you have a compelling reason why there should be?

This was more of a "please look into this" situation rather than a complaint about a specific player. The in-game link specifically states that it's for complaints about another player. Are the titans the wrong forum for this?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 04, 2014, 02:42:30 PM »
Remove the news. part of it try again.

Didn't work either:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain battlemaster.org by mail.battlemaster.org. [5.35.247.189].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <titans@battlemaster.org>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 04, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »
Well, you could send a personal email to Tom, or a forum pm to Anaris or myself, and we will forward it to the appropriate forum board.

Or, you could just report it, and put in a note that you just think it needs looking into. Just because you report something doesn't mean someone's account will get locked.