Author Topic: North Vs. South  (Read 38741 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: North Vs. South
« Reply #15: July 03, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »
Really? And where are you getting that from? It certainly wasn't from Rosalind! The only surrender terms made to Kindara since the glacier event involved them betraying Cathay and fighting them, so were unacceptable to just about everyone. Plus the banishment of several nobles. And the death of another. I remember not so long ago that when Perdan offered similar 'unacceptable' terms to Caligus on EC there was a public outcry.

Kindara basically sealed their fate when they let Magnus run around literally torturing our soldiers to death as sacrifices to his Gods.

I was mostly referring to Cathay with that last, which I wasn't clear on. I apologize for that. Kindara's got no hope of survival at this point.

With what players remain, Cathay isn't doing bad. But I'm afraid that it's another case of many wargame minded players gravitating towards the easy option of the Imperial realms, leaving the Free Realms with many of the casuals and two or three players with proper experience of the strategy side of the game, meaning the chain of command is thin.

If that's what you really think is going on, I think you're badly wrong. Unless you and I have significantly different definitions of "wargame-minded players", I don't think that there's any significant tendency for them to gravitate toward Arcaea and its allies. (Zonasa certainly hasn't seen an influx of...well, much of anyone!) If you're including me in that, I'd think twice; I'm pretty much a casual player in terms of how much time I can spend actually playing the game these days myself.

More than likely. Unless they split up the realm they'll always outnumber and outpower everyone else, shy of some mass immigration of nobles to one of the other realms.

There are other things going on, other options besides "Cathay and Kindara destroy Arcaea" or "Arcaea rules everything, forever." Rosalind hasn't been let in on them for reasons that should (considering the source) be obvious ;)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan