Author Topic: North Vs. South  (Read 38395 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: North Vs. South
« Reply #15: July 04, 2014, 02:20:55 AM »

It's also because the players on the island appear to be polarized into the groups who fancy your experimental Empire model for the future of the island, and those who prefer the more traditional model of each-to-their-own independent realms. The former gathering in the north, the latter in the south.

Again, I don't believe those are the only options. However, it's hardly uncommon in BattleMaster for people not to believe that there's any middle ground.

It is, however, a problem.

Arcaea put itself into the war, or Zonasa brought them in by joining the Empire - which ever way you want to look at it.

From my perspective, at least, it wasn't precisely either—Zonasa was just desperate for anyone to help them at that point, since it was quite plain that there was no way we could survive without a strong ally, and Arcaea was willing to help us.

Not only that, they've been true to their word in everything thus far. Even when Zonasa's interests have conflicted with Imperial strategic expediency—and even when Baranion has been very vocal and not always terribly diplomatic in pushing those interests—Arcaea has continued to fight for our survival, despite the fact that we have several times come very close to annihilation.

Contrast this with the way our last allies treated us, and you might see why even some people who wouldn't have been happy following Velax at the beginning of this war might be feeling pretty loyal to him right now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan