Author Topic: North Vs. South  (Read 38904 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: North Vs. South
« Reply #30: July 10, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
a "We must burn the Empire to the ground if it take a thousand years" attitude

That's never been Kindara's stance while Rosalind has been High Lady. I can't speak for what High Lords Edmund or Alpha's son said while they were in charge, but Rosalind has always told Velax that she doesn't object to the Empire existing in the north. But she wants the south to remain free. That's the stance of the majority of nobles in Kindara (and Cathay too, I think, but you'd have to ask them to be sure).

Rosalind's bottom line on surrender terms has always been to have a south free of the Empire, assurances that Kindara and Cathay won't be the perpetual target of one-sided wars by the whole of the Empire, and - since the glacier - enough territory to make Kindara a viable realm. When Rosalind first got elected she offered to return all Zonasan territory except Batesoar, Alanurs, and the region east of Masahakon (forgotten it's name), but Velax refused to settle on that because he wanted to fulfill his promise to Zonasa to give them all of their territory back.

So that's the history from the Kindaran side.

FWIW - I've never seen *any* terms or potential treaties related to the war on FEI. So far as I know, no one involved in the war has ever discussed any possible end to the war.

The last terms offered by Velax to Rosalind were as follows (and I'm trying my best to be accurate here, so apologies to Velax if I get anything wrong):

1) The return of all Zonasan regions.
2) Raising or lowering of all diplomatic relations to neutral with all realms.
3) Reparations of 500 or 600 gold for damage to something somewhere (apologies - I forget the specific place).
4) The death of Magnus Himoura (he's now left the island).
5) 3 or 4 other nobles named as enemies of the Empire have to migrate off the lsland (or was it just exiled from Kindara?)
6) Kindara attacks its ally Cathay and gets Imperial help to take Cathayan regions if needed.
7) Closure of all Order of the Elders temples (pretty sure that was in the last terms offered).

Like I say, I've tried to be 100% accurate there. So apologies if anything is wrong.