Author Topic: North Vs. South  (Read 38362 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
North Vs. South
« Topic Start: May 01, 2014, 06:07:25 PM »
No, this is not another mysterious poll thread. ;) I just didn't know what else to call a thread about the current war.

The recent battle in Ipsosez was pretty good. The southerners had a 2-1 advantage in overall CS and in infantry, but only brought 5 siege engines. Woops. After 7 rounds of battle, the southerners captured the field. Unfortunately, my character got wounded, and it got worse at the turn change. :(

This is turning out to be a pretty good war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: North Vs. South
« Reply #1: May 01, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
I thought the south was down and out.  This last assault was surprising.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: May 01, 2014, 11:08:07 PM »
FIGHT TO THE END! \o/

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 02, 2014, 01:35:08 AM »
I want Haul!   This war is proving to be much more costly for me than I thought it would be.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 02, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
This assault on Ipsosez was well planned. They had lots of troops, Arcaea was nowhere to be seen, and they only had two early arrivals despite it being about a four turn move.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 02, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
Only 2 early arrivals and not many lagged behind either.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 06, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
The recent battle in Ipsosez was pretty good. The southerners had a 2-1 advantage in overall CS and in infantry, but only brought 5 siege engines. Woops. After 7 rounds of battle, the southerners captured the field.

Letter from Angela Windblack   (9 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (21 recipients)
High Marshal,

My congratulations on your appointment, I truly believe you can turn the situation to our side. Now the questions you have asked:

1. We didn't have many siege engines at the battle of Ipsosez, mostly present were of Kindaran origin. Instead we used big catapults to launch our men into our enemies ranks atop the fortification, swords drawn and ready to plunge into our enemies. It was my idea though, an alternative to arrows, bolts, spears and stones but it didn't work out too well.

2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Recently they even started producing a strange but delicious food called "Ice Cream" or something similar. It also comes in different exotic flavours, the hottest around these parts are Usul Mixed Monster Madness, Angela Apple Agony and Bofeng Brined Brujas (OOC: Bruja means witch in spanish). I strongly believe Cathay would become a leading economy on FEI with this ice cream exports and us trio would become richer everyday for advertising our respective flavours. Mine is already famous in Anacan.

With regards,

Angela Windblack
Duchess of Lion's Gap
Margravine of Anacan

This is why Cathay didn't need many siege towers. Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:06:12 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #7: July 03, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
What is the end point of this war for both sides? Arcaea has the majority of the continent under it's thumb, I'd hate to see it go the way of Atamara.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 03, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »
The end point will be when Velax is serving me breakfast on a silver platter...watch this space  ;D
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #9: July 03, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
The end point will be when Velax is serving me breakfast on a silver platter...watch this space  ;D
Cathay will have to get a better General if you intend that to happen.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 03, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »
Cathay will have to get a better General if you intend that to happen.

I think our General is doing a fine job when you consider the odds.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #11: July 03, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
Then he'll have to better than a fine job. It's not easy when you've got three key fortresses to defend, but there isn't much room for error.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 03, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »
The Empire has offered Cathay and Kindara plenty of chances to surrender, but apparently they'd rather fight to the death. We're happy to oblige.

Once the Empire has the entire Far East, we don't intend to let things stagnate. There are a few ideas for fostering war amongst the Empire realms.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 03, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »

I think you mean Zonasa's done well despite the odds ;D

Cathay and Kindara have systematically thrown away every chance they had, military and diplomatic alike.

As for what happens after...well, let's just say that Velax isn't the only one with ideas.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 03, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »
Personally, I hope that the island doesn't turn into a "whatever Arcaea says" scenario. I've already gotten some hints of that.