Author Topic: So about Darka...  (Read 9600 times)

Medevandalist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
So about Darka...
« Topic Start: May 01, 2014, 09:26:13 PM »
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/what-happens-when-ice-meets-lava

The Darkan volcano right about now should be melting the glacier that surrounds it (Causing a large flood of melt water, ironically heading straight to go and flood Talerium) and forming a new island. Which strikes me as a far funner and more interesting way to liven up Atamara than covering part of the map in a glacier and telling everyone to go and play elsewhere.

Not that glaciers can "conquer" volcanoes as the development team seems to think. For reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Erebus
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:32:04 PM by Medevandalist »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: So about Darka...
« Reply #1: May 01, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
This would seem to assume that the volcano has actually erupted recently.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Medevandalist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 02, 2014, 12:14:57 AM »
My statement of "should" there could be construed as saying what should be happening based on volcanology when you suddenly surround a volcano with a mass of ice, which isn't necessarily eruptions, or it could be taken as "What we should be doing to make Atamara a more interesting continent to play on".

Thehatter

« Reply #3: May 07, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
Huge Battle Fought   (1 hour, 17 minutes ago)
Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Tintar:
Darka vs. Cagilan Empire
Estimated strengths: 710 men vs. 1000 men
The Pax Cagila (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Milan Prestongreen, Royal of Cagilan Empire, Ambassador of Cagilan Empire, Duke of Cagil, Margrave of Cagil, were led into battle by Marshal Celduin Cuivienen.
The New Army (Darka), sponsored by Agarwaen Lomion, Duke of Massillion, Margrave of Massillion, were led into battle by Marshal Jerold Jaron.
Jerold Jaron, Count of Tintar, Marshal of the New Army is spotted wielding the Sacred Buckler of the Ancients.
Banetal Dragoness, Law Father of Darka is spotted wearing the Ancient Chain Mail of Blood.
Urhea Uuno Cosula, General of Darka is spotted wielding the Ancient Shield of Piety.
Banetal Dragoness, Law Father of Darka is spotted wielding the Sword of Betrayal.
Alyssa Fontaine, Margravine of Vornion was captured by Rythan Songslayer's unit.
Randall Maglor, Margrave of Lamoni was seriously wounded by Kostaja Kosunen Cosula's unit.

Attacker Victory!

Way to go Darka.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 07, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
Gotta admit that it felt good :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 07, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
My statement of "should" there could be construed as saying what should be happening based on volcanology when you suddenly surround a volcano with a mass of ice, which isn't necessarily eruptions, or it could be taken as "What we should be doing to make Atamara a more interesting continent to play on".

Who said the Volcano isn't extinct? Or the Snow Trolls and Ice Demons didn't do something to prevent this? Maybe a Wizard did it. A wizard probably did it.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Thehatter

« Reply #6: May 12, 2014, 02:53:13 AM »
Stabbity! Stop playing with scrolls.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 13, 2014, 02:38:14 PM »
Stabbity! Stop playing with scrolls.

Shhhh

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 27, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »
Huge Battle Fought   (2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Melias:
Darka vs. Rieleston
Estimated strengths: 730 men vs. 480 men
The Hawthorne Grand Company (Darka), sponsored by Gian D`Este, Royal Treasurer of Darka, Margrave of Hawthorne, Marshal of the Hawthorne Grand Company, were led into battle by Marshal Gian D`Este.
Banetal Dragoness, Law Father of Darka, Knight of Hawthorne is spotted wearing the Ancient Chain Mail of Blood.
Banetal Dragoness, Law Father of Darka, Knight of Hawthorne is spotted wielding the Sword of Betrayal.
Azeral ap Gaenvan, Knight of Amdor was captured by Gwaine Wader's unit.
Attacker Victory!

Darka vs. Rielston 1 - 0 :P

~Violence is always an option!~

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #9: May 27, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »
yeah, you gotta knock it off.

every time I mention "the inevitable [end of Darka]" in realm, you guess things up for me by winning another big battle :P

Wish all the Darkans who switched to Talerium would speak up so I could know what they're thinking about this all. Too shame-faced, I'll bet  ;D

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 27, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »
yeah, you gotta knock it off.

every time I mention "the inevitable [end of Darka]" in realm, you guess things up for me by winning another big battle :P

Wish all the Darkans who switched to Talerium would speak up so I could know what they're thinking about this all. Too shame-faced, I'll bet  ;D

When they end up running Talerium, I'll expect an appropriate face palming meme from you :p

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 23, 2014, 12:22:47 AM »
I know this is necro, buuut...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 23, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »
:D