Author Topic: East Continent OOC/Titans Issue  (Read 37657 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
East Continent OOC/Titans Issue
« Topic Start: May 04, 2014, 07:16:08 PM »
Noble has left
The player of Ryu has left the game, the character is therefore deleted.
The ruler should appoint a new General.
Karbala is now without a lord.

Congratulations to those who worked so hard to lose another excellent player. I honestly think someone deserves congratulations, after all. It echoed so badly that more than one player are thinking of leaving the game after the end of this war or even before.

It will probably be deleted pretty quickly, but it's a shame to have our General who never lost a battle stopped by OOC crap.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:50:12 AM by Penchant »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #1: May 04, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »
Why is it that EC currently has an influx of OOC toxic atmosphere in many realms?

In OI and Perdan it was due to arguments with a group of returning players.

Now I read here from Sirion accusations of OOC bullying as well.

We lost two players as well due to this, at least they did not leave the game though.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 04, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »
I am angry and deeply ashamed of what happened and with a system that protects the anonymous and publicly punish and ashame the accused. This is completely ridiculous. I'm not so sad for Ryu leaving the game. I am sad to know that there is some silent coward playing with me. I'm sad for how this becomes a powerful tool for any coward who want to !@#$ good players to ashame them with any crap.

This against the Social Contract? I don't care, playing a game or not, I'm still a man.
Fill your silent and cowardly complaint and make my day.

Eduardo

Just how I'm feeling today. It's still hard to believe and accept it. Also, we already lost a character and the entire moral we had to fight this war. This is a shame.
Serpentis again!

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 04, 2014, 08:37:18 PM »
Why did Ryu leave the game?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 04, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »
I am angry and deeply ashamed of what happened and with a system that protects the anonymous and publicly punish and ashame the accused. This is completely ridiculous. I'm not so sad for Ryu leaving the game. I am sad to know that there is some silent coward playing with me. I'm sad for how this becomes a powerful tool for any coward who want to !@#$ good players to ashame them with any crap.

This against the Social Contract? I don't care, playing a game or not, I'm still a man.
Fill your silent and cowardly complaint and make my day.

Eduardo

Just how I'm feeling today. It's still hard to believe and accept it. Also, we already lost a character and the entire moral we had to fight this war. This is a shame.

Please explain what system you are referencing that protects the anonymous and publicly punishes and shames the accused.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 04, 2014, 11:42:45 PM »
In this case, the Titans.
Serpentis again!

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 05, 2014, 05:24:08 AM »
In this case, the Titans.

OOC issues rampant it seems. I don't mind gray messages I seldom read them, but the flux I have got recently have got me reading them and they seem nasty. I particularly think its a bit of the toxicness from this ice that just hasn't spilled it out of our systems just yet, if ever.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 05, 2014, 05:34:41 AM »
OOC issues rampant it seems. I don't mind gray messages I seldom read them, but the flux I have got recently have got me reading them and they seem nasty. I particularly think its a bit of the toxicness from this ice that just hasn't spilled it out of our systems just yet, if ever.
I have read the announcements. They mention the who one violated the rules recently and then clarify the rules for future reference. I don't see it as public shaming and I am done on arguing for today.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
East Continent OOC/Titans Issue
« Reply #8: May 05, 2014, 05:45:02 AM »
I'm confused. As usual. ???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:50:50 AM by Penchant »

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: East Continent OOC/Titans Issue
« Reply #9: May 05, 2014, 07:29:33 AM »
Honestly, I'm not stressing about it anymore. I have my opinion and in this case it is enough for me.
Serpentis again!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 05, 2014, 07:56:18 AM »
Honestly, I'm not stressing about it anymore. I have my opinion and in this case it is enough for me.
That is good to hear. I am not trying to argue when I say this and feel free to keep to your opinion, but the Titans are not trying to publicly shame him, but clarify on the situation. As well, there has been some news on the issue. Check it out here
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 05, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »
Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have seen someone get a public (or even private) warning reminding them of the rules that they recently broke, and take that as a deep personal insult and leave the game.

Personally, I think such behaviour is about as extreme an overreaction as you can get. I can somewhat understand feeling that you were unjustly convicted, but I don't see how that justifies leaving the game over a simple reminder "this is a rule, please follow it in future."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 05, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
What rule was broken?

Galmel

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 05, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
This is terrible. Ryu asked his military council to get the armies with less archers. No one was ordered, no one was asked, nothing. Marshals were asked to find a way to have less archers and more of the rest, that is it. Then you just went away and blocked him, cause Titans have this "block first, ignore later" strategy that gets people pissed off enough to leave. It happened to Juan, it happened to me about some other nonsense like this, and surely many many others. This also leaves a lot of room for suspicion, as arguments often are weak or really apart from the situation at hand.

I do believe Juan got protested by several people on porpouse, OOC tricks like this have happened before. Maybe multi accounts are harder to pull today, but there are others.

Juan got involved, spent a lot of time trying to improve his realm, was incredibly active and enjoyed it a lot. He has his ways, but by no means he disrupts the game, rather tries to flesh out the strategical angle of it, one that I enjoy a lot. In pay, he gets blocked by a message that someone mistakenly thought could be asking someone to ask someone to change his type of unit.

Personally, I am trying to figure out if I keep playing or not. The Titan's repeated actions have made me lose confidence in the overall fairness of everything, and I cannot say I trust their impartiality at all anymore.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 05, 2014, 06:27:26 PM »
Wow, you must believe the Titans are bunch of utter morons, incapable of doing even the slightest bit of due diligence. Do you think the Titans are just some kind of rubber stamp that hands out punishments for every issue that crosses their desk? "Oh look a report, let's slap on an account lock without even looking at the issue in any way, shape, or form! Woohoo!" That they don't do even the most basic investigation to determine what happened? That perhaps something happened to which you, personally, were not a party?

You must think your fellow players are complete idiots.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.