Author Topic: Sanctuary  (Read 1973 times)

Jens Namtrah

Sanctuary
« Topic Start: May 08, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
This isn't really a feature request, as I don't have a definite idea behind it and think it's a pretty minor addition. If there's ever an attempt to revive the Religion Game, it may be interesting to pull out.

I also mention it because it could be used for role play right now, if people care to accept the idea in their realm.

Simplest form,  a rogue who is a member  of a religion, and in a region with a temple of his faith, could ask for sanctuary, with potential consequences if violated. Lots of different mechanics could be used, not going to push for anything too much right now. Leave it there  for anyone to run with.

As I said, it could already be role played, so if you're in a good RP realm & the opportunity presents itself, try it out

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanctuary
« Reply #1: May 08, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »
This cannot actually be RPd as described. A rogue noble always has a chance of being automatically arrested at every turn change when they are in a non-rogue region. As soon as they got arrested, they would lose their messaging options to other nobles in that region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #2: May 08, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »
Ah, I thought if they didn't move, they were safe(r)

Still, their own RP isn't as important as the RP of the realm involved, and of course since they are a member of the religion they have a lot of people to RP about it with. Plus individual contacts. If they ARE arrested, there's pressure from the church to have them released.

Not perfect, but plenty they can still do with a bit of imagination. I like to look for ways to expand RP possibilities without always asking for new mechanics from the devs

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 08, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
Well I was thinking of it in a different manner when I heard Sanctuary. What are your thoughts on priests being able to protect unit less nobles in their temples? I am thinking it would require a priest or an elder to invite them into the temple.

On a moderator note, if it's not really a well defined feature request it belongs in development, where I will be moving it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton