Author Topic: Individual Region/Duchy Shares  (Read 3945 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Region/Duchy Shares
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »
*bump*

I just have to bump this. It would be so ridiculously helpful on the war islands right now. A duchy can have regions that make anywhere from 200 gold to 4500 gold. With such high noble counts and so few regions, it would be great to be able to completely split out positions and estates. This way, only "simple knights" would hold estates. The lord would get income by taxing the knights. The duke would tax the lords of the duchy, and the ruler would tax the dukes. We could get more people to hold estates if it was possible to run different tax rates for different duchies and regions.

For example:
* As duke of Wyvern Heart (Sandalak), I can tax Sandalak city, which has an income of 4200, and Ibyp, with an income of 262.
* If I set a tax rate on Sandalak at 15% I could get about 150 gold or so.
* But I would also tax Ibyp at 15%, and Ibyp's lord only made 27 gold to begin with. I don't need to be taking 3 or 4 gold from him.

The ruler could then tax the Duke of Wyvern Heart and the Duchess of Griffin's Nest separately, taking gold from them based on the individual duchy's capabilities.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.