Author Topic: Warthunder  (Read 4415 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Warthunder
« Topic Start: May 14, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »
Has anyone here been playing Warthunder or is anyone interested in it?

www.warthunder.com is the website.

Some core aspects:

• Free to play combat flight simulator set from the second World War to the Korean War (end tier), with the option to purchase "premium airplanes"
  • Online players vs players aerial battles (ca. 15 v 15)
  • Realistic physics: detailed aircraft damage and other factors concerning your "flight path" are to be taken into account but make this for a challenging game.
  • The development of your "tech tree" takes you through all the stages of the airplanes in the middle of the 20th century, boosting (sometimes insane) biplanes over the well-known aircrafts of the hayday of WWII (Corsair, Stukas, Flying Fortresses, ...) to conceptual aircrafts that never actually flew but are so whack, they're awesome. All individual aircrafts also have their own little tech-tree, meaning you can boost your favourite aircrafts with extra guns, cannons and better engines! Suddenly your P40 Kittyhawk is a beast in the sky!
  • Allows players to set up squads of up to 4 players, allowing you to fly in a formation with your friends and get the maximum out of it.
  • Is currently in open beta. Ground wars (tanks) and naval wars (boats) are set to be released. Tanks will arrive this spring (so very soon). Ultimately every tree (air, land, water) will be combined into one "game", meaning you can steer your battleship while others are flying fighter aircrafts or driving Tiger-tanks!
  • Allows a wide spectrum from effectively smooth running low graphics to one of the most stunning high-end graphic games I have witnessed.
  • Mediocre learning curve: it is best to know what you're up against in air battle, so it is best to remember who shot you down and how he or she did it, so next time you don't go head-to-head with an attacker aircraft while flying your biplane!

My nickname in that game is Fleugs. I can be found through this forum, though more effectively on battlemaster's IRC. If anyone already plays this game or feels like trying it out, I'm always up for a game, so just get in touch. Skype makes for a useful tool while playing together, just to make sure you don't crash into each other etc.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.