Author Topic: Rogue Knights/Downward mobility  (Read 2615 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Rogue Knights/Downward mobility
« Topic Start: May 14, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
I was wondering if there was any negative effects to a knight becoming rogue and maintaining that status for a prolonged period of time other than the obvious financial implications.

If not, perhaps there should be, say every week the knight loses 2 points of honor and 1 point of prestige, until a point when the figures reach X and Y when the night becomes un-recognisable as nobility and joins the adventurer game. 

I think there should be some function for downward mobility and this would be a way of doing this.  You could also end up with the situation that you could develop a whole new set of roles for adventurer infiltrators (assassins) adventurer-traders (smugglers) adventurer-diplomats (spies) adventurer cavaliers (horsemen - could have improved movement) adventurer heroes (could perhaps have a rally function to rally peasants against full rogue attacks or something).  It could really add interest to the adventurer game and make them a more viable class within a realm.

It would also strengthen the rulers power to exile nobles, they become rogue and gradually lose face themselves unless they leave, just as the ruler loses face when they do not.

I just think it is unrealistic to think that a noble is always a noble regardless of their activities or lack thereof. 

Just a thought