Author Topic: War Islands Mortality Poll  (Read 2350 times)

Jens Namtrah

War Islands Mortality Poll
« Topic Start: May 13, 2014, 12:16:08 AM »
quick thought I had this morning - there isn't often a lot of chances to get immediate feedback from the game's players as a whole.

once War Islands are set to go, should throw together a quick, "down and dirty" form for when a character dies; besides the opportunity to bury them, ask them a couple quick questions about mortality - did they feel it enhanced/ruined the experience, maybe a text field for thoughts

Good chance to collect what the general populace is thinking about things, rather than just the more active people in the forums & guessing about everyone else

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: War Islands Mortality Poll
« Reply #1: May 13, 2014, 12:18:45 AM »
Not a bad idea. We put together a simple poll interface a while back—you may or may not have been around for the "which island to sink" poll—and we do have some plans to use it to collect other data, but they've been kind of on the back burner.

I've actually been thinking about various information we want to collect on the War Island, particularly since I want to evaluate its balance once it's finished running. I think there are a number of questions we should ask all those who participated in the War Island once one realm wins, whether they made it to that point or not.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #2: May 13, 2014, 01:49:04 AM »
good stuff! no, wasn't around for the Which Island poll.

East Island, if you're accepting late votes  :-X

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 13, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »
That poll has turned into the North South East or West Pole depending on your position Miskel.  It was the poll that decided which parts of the Islands to Ice.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #4: May 13, 2014, 10:49:14 AM »
Ah, see for East Island, I would have gone for a ring of ice & fire that slowly crept toward the center.

East Island nobles are more fun the tighter you push them all together into one tiny place

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 13, 2014, 10:52:32 AM »
Personally I think the ice is only now starting to play its role properly, making for much more interesting times in two of my homes.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 13, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
That poll has turned into the North South East or West Pole depending on your position Miskel.  It was the poll that decided which parts of the Islands to Ice.

Two entirely unrelated polls. The one Anaris mentioned was sent to every player when they signed in. The one you're mentioning was on the forum.