Author Topic: Personal message groups  (Read 1775 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Personal message groups
« Topic Start: May 20, 2011, 07:50:46 AM »
I believe something similar to this idea has been proposed before, but for different reasons.

What would people think of being able to create and delete your own message groups? Just like you have "Royal Court", "Military Council" and so on now as realm-wide groups, this would allow you to create your own, personal groups just for you.

For example, at the moment one of my characters has been forced to split his army in two to accomplish two tasks - one under my command and the other under the Vice-Marshal's command. What I would like is the ability to create a separate message group just for me that contains the nobles under my command, rather than having to write down which nobles are in my group and tick their names in the boxes every single time I want to send them a message.

There should be a limit on the number of groups you can create in this way so everybody doesn't have a bazillion personal ones. Say...*snatches a number out of the air*...three.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Personal message groups
« Reply #1: May 20, 2011, 08:10:34 AM »
I believe it was discussed before, and some have indicated that the current system is designed so the proper channels are used for discussions (councils, duchies, realm) and thus no personal message group has been created.  There are some difficulties with creating personal groups (database changes) but the issues aren't insurmountable.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

cjnodell

Re: Personal message groups
« Reply #2: May 20, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »
Perhaps this could be limited to circumstances like those mentioned Velax. Namely the ability for the marshal to split the army in two for messaging purposes. This sounds like it would be very convenient in a lot of circumstances and would allow Vice-Marshals the opportunity to be more involved. It also ensures that communications continue to flow through the proper channels.