Author Topic: War Island Realm Flavours  (Read 27481 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: War Island Realm Flavours
« Reply #30: May 18, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »
How about starting all the realms in anarchy with the genetic default titles, and let this first elected ruler set it all up? Would be a way to let the people in the realms set it up how they want, especially if they have a couple days to talk it out before elections start.

Aside from that, I like the eagle and lion theme. A little bit if duality, and not a complete blanket theme that covers everything. It is easy to see how something like that could evolve from the merging of two smaller groups, perhaps from the common religion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 18, 2014, 05:45:50 PM »
How about starting all the realms in anarchy with the genetic default titles, and let this first elected ruler set it all up? Would be a way to let the people in the realms set it up how they want, especially if they have a couple days to talk it out before elections start.

+1

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 18, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »
This is a bit of a wild idea, but why not give the whole island some RP flavor? Something like "each of the three cities hold a piece of the deus-ex-machina gem underneath them, and a god-king can arise from the complete conquest of the island". Maybe a low-fantasy spiel like "The island was once reigned by a great empire of Lak, but has broken apart. Three heirs to the Empire's dynasty now vie for the reclamation of the Great Empire that is their birthright."

It may be better to 'set the stage' in more broad terms than pre-made realm cultures.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 18, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »
I like the "Lak Empire" deal. Makes sense.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 18, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
Introducing the LakLakLak Empire which is an Absolute Jestery.

Run by the:

The Great Upper Laugh
The Inquisitor of Red Smiles
The Bank of Jokes
The Really Funny Marshall    (His orders are all hilarious)

This realm is an Absolute Jestery which means everyone has to be making jokes and fun in every message, anything else is illegal. If you don't make a joke or some funny insinuation you can get fined or banned. What is considered as 'funny' is different for everyone, so referendums will be necessary to decide whether some letters were funny or not. The Inquisitor of Smiles enforces these rules.

The Great upper laugh has to be the funniest jester in the realm. Bonus points for making fun of other realm leaders. The Bank of Jokes can provide you with jokes if you run out, an essential resource. The Really Funny Marshall has to try to crack jokes whilst giving orders, a really tough task.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:27:52 PM by Wolfang »

Thehatter

« Reply #35: May 19, 2014, 09:20:38 AM »
Why not just make it Romance of the three kingdoms style an have Wei, Shi and Wu duke it out, lol.

Because their isn't much information about the island and we wont be able to travel out of the island my group had thought of bringing back dead characters to the island and having it have some magical property's.

All of the great dead heroes of BM returning to fight to the death once more, like the War or Heroes scenarios in RoTK.

Who else will join us?

Medevandalist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 19, 2014, 05:54:32 PM »

That is the best option.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 20, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »

Good idea!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 20, 2014, 01:21:39 AM »
I don't know if we're the biggest, there are 8 of us, but that's not a small number for something that hasn't even started.

As for the Imperator Maleficis, it doesn't actually mean Evil Emperor, it means, literally, Generally Mischievous. Which is not evil, of course.

I've got two more that will join us, bringing us up to 10.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 20, 2014, 03:39:56 AM »
Mine goes to 11!

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 20, 2014, 07:46:27 AM »
Nice try, we are 12.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: May 20, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »
I am going Sandalak. Never try this war island before, I better try before it disappears again.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 20, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
Nice try, we are 12.

I'd like to bid one dollar bob.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Zakilevo

« Reply #43: May 20, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »
I am going Sandalak. Never try this war island before, I better try before it disappears again.

Yay someone to join me in Sandalak!

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 21, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »
I just wanted to go somewhere where there is not already a preformed clan but it seems like this will be hard :/