Author Topic: War Island Realm Flavours  (Read 27529 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: War Island Realm Flavours
« Reply #45: May 21, 2014, 03:15:15 AM »
Personally,  I don't worry about clans or pre-declared groups. We saw the same thing with the opening of Dwilight. Almost all of them flopped when they couldn't really get themselves established the way they thought they could. Just pick a realm at random, and have fun.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #46: May 21, 2014, 03:27:44 AM »
Indeed. You are welcome to join me in Sandalak :) Or you can even go to Taselak. Was there a big group joining Taselak?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: May 21, 2014, 04:07:12 AM »
"You will have my sword!"

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 21, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »
I am also wondering which realm(s) don't have clans/groups joining them yet? It's hard to keep the realms appart for me as they all sound similar and I haven't played on WI before.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 21, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »
Thus far, from what I have seen, there is only a confirmed group going to Ikalak.

A few individuals have mentioned that they are joining Taselak and Sandalak, but I do not know of any groups that have in any way laid claim to those realms.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 21, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »
Thus far, from what I have seen, there is only a confirmed group going to Ikalak.

A few individuals have mentioned that they are joining Taselak and Sandalak, but I do not know of any groups that have in any way laid claim to those realms.
I have heard about a small group going to Sandalak, but I haven't heard about any going to Taselak. I do not see why people dislike these groups so much though.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: May 21, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »
I have heard about a small group going to Sandalak, but I haven't heard about any going to Taselak. I do not see why people dislike these groups so much though.
There's an assumption that if lots of players get together OOC and decide to all join one realm, that this group will hold power amongst themselves. The conclusion is that anyone else joining these realms won't be able to obtain positions, or be able to contribute to guiding the realm.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 21, 2014, 11:12:06 PM »
There's an assumption that if lots of players get together OOC and decide to all join one realm, that this group will hold power amongst themselves. The conclusion is that anyone else joining these realms won't be able to obtain positions, or be able to contribute to guiding the realm.

Given the apparent broad interest in the WI, and the number of people in the largest known group trying this, I am not particularly worried about this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: May 21, 2014, 11:12:58 PM »
How about starting all the realms in anarchy with the genetic default titles, and let this first elected ruler set it all up? Would be a way to let the people in the realms set it up how they want, especially if they have a couple days to talk it out before elections start.

I have now changed the realms to this scheme.

I've also fixed the Taselak and Ikalak banners.
Timothy Collett

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 22, 2014, 03:45:20 AM »
I'm feeling either Sandalak or Ikalak

warwolf13

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 22, 2014, 06:49:29 AM »
Given the apparent broad interest in the WI, and the number of people in the largest known group trying this, I am not particularly worried about this.

Exactly. There are only 10 (assuming Stabby is correct) of us. Even if there were more, there would be plenty of positions, I'm sure.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: May 22, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »
I like the idea of a theocracy again so maybe I will go to Sandalak and hope that bit sticks.

PS It's not that I'm worried all tle 'good positions' will be taken, I don't really care about having positions anymore, it's more that it just seems a bit unethical to me to recruit people from IRC or the forums without giving everyone an equal chance. I can't really explain properly but that's just me and I'm sure that I am a bit over the top about it. As you say with so many people joining the island hopefully everything will work out fairly :)

Hurry up and wake up Delvin! ;)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: May 22, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
Can there be a fix to this rather annoying backslash whenever you use an apostrophe in character, unit and army names?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: May 22, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
Can there be a fix to this rather annoying backslash whenever you use an apostrophe in character, unit and army names?

Urgh...yes, that's one of the things we're trying to squash, generally.

Where are you seeing it right now, specifically?
Timothy Collett

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: May 22, 2014, 05:10:39 PM »
Urgh...yes, that's one of the things we're trying to squash, generally.

Where are you seeing it right now, specifically?

On my character Fen'Harel on Taselak, thats the most important one for me. :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.