Author Topic: The Battlemaster Newsletter  (Read 22312 times)

Eirikr

Re: The Battlemaster Newsletter
« Reply #60: April 11, 2014, 06:10:05 AM »
I think my first role was VM of the main army in the Barony. I did a good enough job to make it to Marshal of Sordnaz's hand-picked Immortals spec ops in about two months. Good times...

ajikeshi

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 12, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »

What was your first active role in a realm?

It was trying to make Axewild (smallish badlands region) self sustainable some 1 or 2 years ago as a fairly new noble.
and then becoming a lord of another region with the family i played back then (became discontinued. perm vacation because i moved => other stuff to do => when i came back i found out the family was deleted :/ )

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 12, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
What was your first active role in a realm?

My first active role was as soon as my character stepped off the boat in Dwilight. I happened upon a city that was a week or two away from founding a republican/democratic colony realm. I jumped at the chance, and joined in on the decision making process once the colony was created. It didn't take long before the character got absorbed into a plethora of hidden agendas, backstabbing, and personal vendettas that come with jostling for power against others.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 13, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »
My first active role would be Duke of Gethsemene. However preceding that was being involved in the actual founding of Old Grehk.

That being said, my real first active role was as a troopleader!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: April 13, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »
Great newsletter! My first active role was with my character Willhelm on Dwilight when he became Earl of Aspar in Asylon. My first non-lordship appointment was with my character Xerxes on Atamara when he was appointed Marshal of the Hawthorne Grand Company, and then soon after that Royal Marshal of Lyonesse. The previous Royal Marshal, Flint Comacho attempted a rebellion and got himself banned. After Xerxes became Royal Marshal I made him a hero and he lasted maybe one or two battles. A bit of a shock even though I knew heroes could die in battle, I really didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 13, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »
My first character joined Dwilight when it was still mostly unconquered and was an unruly pestering small fry for a while who couldn't understand why all those old quiet men in Corsanctum couldn't organise themselves to fight some monsters. But that finally paid off and led to her marshalship.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: April 16, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »
My first active role was with a lordship in Darka.  I think it was Winsor?  That might not be right.  It was a badlands by the volcano.  Darka had an active irc group.  I learned a lot about the game from the Finnish players.  In an effort to understand how they thought I even learned some Finnish history.  Darka was so much fun.  How are they doing these days?  Is the glacier going to affect them much?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: April 16, 2014, 04:12:39 AM »
Darka lost quite a few regions, including a city and a stronghold, to the glaciers. But they also took Hawthorne, too. Not sure how it works out. Most of the regions they lost were pretty crappy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: April 16, 2014, 06:53:21 AM »
My first active role? My first character started as Region Steward in Grentzen region on Colonies island. Most people underestimate Region Steward role at that time. If Region Steward did not count, then when Grentzen Region Lord went missing, my character was appointed as Count of Grentzen. That is when I began to take an active role in my realm affairs and actively contributed to the realm history and had some parts in shaping the island history as a whole ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: April 16, 2014, 07:40:13 AM »
My first active role? My first character started as Region Steward in Grentzen region on Colonies island. Most people underestimate Region Steward role at that time. If Region Steward did not count, then when Grentzen Region Lord went missing, my character was appointed as Count of Grentzen. That is when I began to take an active role in my realm affairs and actively contributed to the realm history and had some parts in shaping the island history as a whole ;)
I agree on people underestimating Region Steward. Not only does it give you a great claim if your lord disappears but if he doesn't and a lordship opens up it can make getting that lordship easy if you were a good steward. That and if it's a rural region you can make extra gold off it.

As well, if you were active as steward, I totally count that. If it was just a title from your lord but you weren't allowed to do anything or chose not too, I would consider the lordship your first active role, but I have a feeling you were in fact active as steward.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: April 16, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
I agree on people underestimating Region Steward. Not only does it give you a great claim if your lord disappears but if he doesn't and a lordship opens up it can make getting that lordship easy if you were a good steward. That and if it's a rural region you can make extra gold off it.

As well, if you were active as steward, I totally count that. If it was just a title from your lord but you weren't allowed to do anything or chose not too, I would consider the lordship your first active role, but I have a feeling you were in fact active as steward.
Yes, indeed I am pretty active as Region Steward. Grentzen is a Woodsland region and it produces food a lot at that time, enough to feed the capital city. I learnt a lot from the game and the people, now it is time I give back whenever I can. I mentored a few players by being Mentor class myself, some of the players I mentored even being called "My Minions" from the "Despicable Me" movie. One of my students had a funny religion calling hugging the tree and pray to the tree, he refused to join the main realm religion, sadly he was no more playing here. It was good times ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 05, 2014, 07:07:38 AM »
For those waiting on the release of this month's issue, I am sorry it is not out yet, as I was really hoping to get it out this weekend. Unfortunately I have a lot work to do with school this week and my first final of the semester so it is unlikely it will be published until next weekend.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 05, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
My first active role was in the first Niselur:  I wrote a roleplay when the general/marshal was wounded in battle against the undead and my character fought to his side to protect him; he got promoted to Vice-Marshal the next day.  That got me bumped right up in the hierarchy when we started reclaiming regions in the Gaston area; being Astrum's banker was fun too, put a system in place to basically automate the whole process. 8)
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 24, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
My extreme apologies, finishing up school has kept me quite busy this month thus I will be combining the May and June issues.
― G.K. Chesterton