Author Topic: priest arrested by rogue?  (Read 9163 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
priest arrested by rogue?
« Topic Start: May 18, 2014, 01:46:50 PM »
Did the arrest chances go up on Dwilight?  I was arrested by rogues as a priest and that had never happened to me before.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: priest arrested by rogue?
« Reply #1: May 18, 2014, 05:03:51 PM »
Did the arrest chances go up on Dwilight?  I was arrested by rogues as a priest and that had never happened to me before.

Specifically in the west.

People seemed to think it was there to be a place for everyone it just wander around with impunity. This was never the intent.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 18, 2014, 05:25:23 PM »
Surprise!  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 19, 2014, 08:55:27 PM »
Specifically in the west.

People seemed to think it was there to be a place for everyone it just wander around with impunity. This was never the intent.

What about rogue priests?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 19, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
What about rogue priests?

I don't believe there's an exception for them...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 19, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »
I'm fairly certain that the differentiation between player-rogues and NPC-rogues was made some time ago. Rogue characters leading troops will battle rogue monsters/undead/peasants. No one should get any kind of free pass just because they happen to be (rogue). It's not a blanket exception from anything.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 20, 2014, 01:42:59 AM »
I'm fairly certain that the differentiation between player-rogues and NPC-rogues was made some time ago. Rogue characters leading troops will battle rogue monsters/undead/peasants. No one should get any kind of free pass just because they happen to be (rogue). It's not a blanket exception from anything.

When Dwilight first opened up, my rogue character was able to travel safely in rogue regions and even place his unit as a rogue militia. Right about when Caerwyn was formed. Am I to assume things have changed since?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 20, 2014, 02:05:27 AM »
When Dwilight first opened up, my rogue character was able to travel safely in rogue regions and even place his unit as a rogue militia. Right about when Caerwyn was formed. Am I to assume things have changed since?

Probably. That was 6 years ago, and around the time when I—and Indirik—first joined the dev team, so pretty much anything we have direct knowledge of will, in fact, have changed since then.
Timothy Collett

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 20, 2014, 03:39:24 AM »
The ability of players (priests/advies) to waltz all over Dwilight was one of the reasons the rogue changes were made. People were able to explore and learn things much, much faster than they should have.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 20, 2014, 06:07:42 AM »
There should be an exception for the Emperor of the Occidens.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 20, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
The Emperor of the Occidens should know better.  ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 20, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »
The Emperor of the Occidens should know better.  ;)
You mean the one trapped in the west? Phantaria's capital is in the west so he must try to rush his way to the east coast and then set sail without being captured again.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 20, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »
You mean the one trapped in the west? Phantaria's capital is in the west so he must try to rush his way to the east coast and then set sail without being captured again.

Actually, I put an exception in for this kind of case.

When you're released from prison and your realm does not control its capital, you will be treated the same as a rogue who is released from prison, and get to choose a new realm to join.

This will also act as an extra incentive not to lose your capital in war.
Timothy Collett

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 20, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
Actually, I put an exception in for this kind of case.

When you're released from prison and your realm does not control its capital, you will be treated the same as a rogue who is released from prison, and get to choose a new realm to join.

This will also act as an extra incentive not to lose your capital in war.
Good to know. Are you forced to join a new realm or is it optional?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 20, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
Good to know. Are you forced to join a new realm or is it optional?

Well, I suppose you could just sit there at that screen forever...
Timothy Collett