Author Topic: Welcome to the South Island!  (Read 33943 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the South Island!
« Reply #15: June 01, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
Ugh... we're not even actively warring yet, and already we've got cooperation talks between realms.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 01, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »
Plot twist. We turn the War Island into Peace Island and all three realms live in harmony until every character dies of old age.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #17: June 01, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
It's ok Sacha, the best solution? WILDCARD

Make all our decisions based upon daily fortune cookies.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Zakilevo

« Reply #18: June 01, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »
Ugh... we're not even actively warring yet, and already we've got cooperation talks between realms.
Really? That is lame :/

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 01, 2014, 08:39:37 PM »
Why that surprises anyone is beyond me.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 01, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm surprised by it and other stuffs. I joined Taselak just because of the meritocracy (this is my first time) but it seems that there isn't much difference between us and Ikalak. The entire thrillling feel I had before I joined is mostly lost but I hope it'd get interesting once the real hostilities begin :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 01, 2014, 09:12:56 PM »
Why that surprises anyone is beyond me.

I knew it was coming, but before the first battle even kicks off? That was a surprise, yes.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 01, 2014, 11:31:15 PM »
It makes sense. Everyone wants to be the one on the side that's two versus one instead of the other way round.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 01, 2014, 11:49:57 PM »
Why anyone would trust another realm to 'work together' is beyond me. "Oh, ya'll want me to help you attack that other realm...mmk..mmk, your entire army and theres is gonna be there, sounds nice...I'll certainly be there and wouldn't dare think of being opportunistic. Oh, double-teaming isn't opportunistic, that's different, I'm totataly your guy and think your realm should win the island!"

Roll right into your 'war-friend's capital because they showed their hands and you didn't.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 02, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »
Of course they can set aside their differences as proven by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkZKfP7xxyI

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 02, 2014, 12:10:22 AM »
Why anyone would trust another realm to 'work together' is beyond me. "Oh, ya'll want me to help you attack that other realm...mmk..mmk, your entire army and theres is gonna be there, sounds nice...I'll certainly be there and wouldn't dare think of being opportunistic. Oh, double-teaming isn't opportunistic, that's different, I'm totataly your guy and think your realm should win the island!"

Roll right into your 'war-friend's capital because they showed their hands and you didn't.

This, of course, is the genius of a three realm island - there can't be any stable alliances.

"Sandalak has always been allied with Ikalak and at war with Taselak", etc.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #26: June 02, 2014, 02:34:57 AM »
...Have you ever fought on the War Island before? It tends to go from 2 v 2 (or 3 v 1) to 2 v 1 to 1 v 1.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 02, 2014, 08:31:59 AM »
This, of course, is the genius of a three realm island - there can't be any stable alliances.

"Sandalak has always been allied with Ikalak and at war with Taselak", etc.
It has more to do with the fact they are all at war because once you kill a realm, you already have your enemy lined up. I have always enjoyed games like that because of their enjoyable diplomacy because its tricky, although much simpler on this island with only 3 realms whereas I have played games where there are 8 different sides.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #28: June 02, 2014, 11:02:32 AM »
I think the fact that we can actually kill and get rid of certain characters is one of the motivating reasons to play at the moment.

Be interesting to get some stats - I think SI will have the highest density of infils on any island in BM

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 03, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »
I think the fact that we can actually kill and get rid of certain characters is one of the motivating reasons to play at the moment.

I'm guessing that people will only enjoy that until it's their character that gets killed.