Author Topic: Welcome to the South Island!  (Read 34170 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the South Island!
« Reply #90: July 09, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
Not pressing the nuke button was in reference to those saying I actively sabotaged the realm.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: July 09, 2014, 05:46:38 PM »
Holding off on pressing the "nuke" button is not commendable or even worth noting in any way. If that is your only redeeming quality, you were an awful duke. It's like being proud that you don't kick your dog.

I think the point he's trying to make is that he didn't do so even when he had good reason to. It would be like not kicking a dog that you had every reason to kick.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #92: July 09, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »
I broke my "never trust a Himoura" rule and it bit me in the ass.

That's the one rule you should never break.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: July 09, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »
I do have to say that I'm a bit surprised with how aggressively Ikalak came out of the gate. Darn near an old-school zerg rush. It's surprising how quickly they imploded.
We had a fairly bold marshal on the eastern front. Then he got banned and we kinda halted.
The General was also quite active at first, but soon made a few tactical blunders and apparently lost interest.
I wish characters in power were forced to step down sooner if a player doesn't log in for days.
I could have sunk Ikalak quite easily by sabotaging the city, but didn't.
Oh. I guess we should all thank you after all.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: July 09, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »
Holding off on pressing the "nuke" button is not commendable or even worth noting in any way. If that is your only redeeming quality, you were an awful duke. It's like being proud that you don't kick your dog.
I share the same thoughts.

Xander was banned because he was constantly getting into conflict with the government and was caught plotting against the government, particularly trying to have the judge replaced.

Btw, its even worse than that because its like saying well I didn't kick my dog until after he growled at me since Xander still tried to damage Ikalak.

But yeah he didn't get much sympathy from me when he said the ruler and judge were clanners OOC, and then after people told him to stop, he made nearly identical claims of clanning but instead in character.
That's the one rule you should never break.
Stuff like that really bugs me. Don't get me wrong, its fair to be a little skeptical because of his family reputation, but some people have stated they will literally never give a Himoura or certain other families power.

His claims that he made a mistake trusting a Himoura is that the banker was appointed without giving an application which was the stated requirement, whereas Himoura and another both gave decent applications and were ignored. Because of that, Himoura protested the banker but that was supported by even the new ruler because the banker was caught stealing gold.

Dustole apparently and a few others were really annoying because they demanded a screen print to prove that the banker stole the gold or they wouldn't accept the messages the Queen gave as proof. Happily the queen did not do such because that is terrible game play to not let your characters make decisions but instead require yourself to know 100% OOC before willing to have your character accept something.

We had a fairly bold marshal on the eastern front. Then he got banned and we kinda halted.
The General was also quite active at first, but soon made a few tactical blunders and apparently lost interest.
I wish characters in power were forced to step down sooner if a player doesn't log in for days.Oh. I guess we should all thank you after all.
I don't want characters to be forced out sooner although I could perhaps understand only for WI. People should just step down if they don't have the time to play anymore but if someone is having issues in RL for a few days, as long as they aren't failing to do their duties they shouldn't be forced out of their position.

You might say, "Well they are inactive, of course they aren't doing their job" but thats not necessarily true. Sometimes there isn't things going on, and better generals should be working on strategy such that their absence for a few days is fine because their marshals are working on plans already laid out. (I mention generals specifically since they are the ones generally considered to be the ones needing to do things all the time, the most.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #95: July 09, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »
Anaris' post, +1

I tried to get it across to folks in Sandalak early that this is not a Dwilight-like RP island, but folks were already caught up in all the ideas they had brought with them, I think.

Dwilight is where the gamers have to step-aside, War Islands are where the RPers have to step aside. Forcing your heavy RP on a strategy island to the point where it is interfering with the game is unfair to the players who came there for warring.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: July 09, 2014, 11:31:36 PM »
Penchant,

Your post is full of inaccuracies.  I never once asked for a screen shot.  I was never caught plotting against the government because there was no plot I was involved in despite being asked to participate in 2,or 3 rebel movements.  The banker did post a letter applying for banker.  Himoura didn't protest the banker he protested the Ruler...

That pretty much negated all the "factual" statements you just made.  Further I admit that my choice of words about the Darkan clique were bad.  I was trying to say that they don't break that rule and if you re read what I wrote I specifically said they weren't an OOC clan.  I said they were inclusive with the lower level positions but it was unlikely anyone else would get government, city/town lords or dukes.

None of that even got brought up until we were accused of being a clique and so I started using that word to describe them.  I was not the first to bring it OOC.  That doesn't make my actions right.  I lost my temper and was blunt.  I stand by what I said, I just wish I had worded it differently.  The Darkan Clique has a history of taking over realms just as the Himoura's have a history of betrayal and subterfuge.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #97: July 10, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
Penchant,

Your post is full of inaccuracies.  I never once asked for a screen shot.  I was never caught plotting against the government because there was no plot I was involved in despite being asked to participate in 2,or 3 rebel movements.  The banker did post a letter applying for banker.  Himoura didn't protest the banker he protested the Ruler...

That pretty much negated all the "factual" statements you just made.  Further I admit that my choice of words about the Darkan clique were bad.  I was trying to say that they don't break that rule and if you re read what I wrote I specifically said they weren't an OOC clan.  I said they were inclusive with the lower level positions but it was unlikely anyone else would get government, city/town lords or dukes.

None of that even got brought up until we were accused of being a clique and so I started using that word to describe them.  I was not the first to bring it OOC.  That doesn't make my actions right.  I lost my temper and was blunt.  I stand by what I said, I just wish I had worded it differently.  The Darkan Clique has a history of taking over realms just as the Himoura's have a history of betrayal and subterfuge.

To lie as a character in game is cool. To lie ooc so as to gain the sympathy of others is a new kind of low. Keep up the good work right now. I especially like the Darkan clique part.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: July 10, 2014, 12:37:38 AM »
Dude, most of what you say is actually not exactly true.  :-\
You did demand mechanical proof of theft.
You were caught plotting to depose the Judge.
The first banker didn't post a genuine resume. It was posted later, in an attempt to hide the fact he was appointed ooc.
Himoura protested both Queen and Banker. And he never betrayed anyone, unlike you.
You did accuse the second Queen and Judge of being an ooc clique, coordinating their plans on taking over Ikalak in irc. Although you failed to name any other members of their clique.
Just drop it now. Don't turn it into another ooc drama.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #99: July 10, 2014, 12:50:44 AM »

Just drop it now. Don't turn it into another ooc drama.

This.

Or take it somewhere else where people care.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: July 10, 2014, 12:52:39 AM »
Moderator note: Yeah, this thread is not going anywhere that's good. Locked. If you start a new one, I suggest toning down the hostility, everyone.