Author Topic: Sandalak! The Theocracy of, er, we haven't decided yet  (Read 29399 times)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Sandalak is the first theocracy i see that has to tolerate other reliions and even allow pagans to have some kind of power...

It is funny., and it to think that it is a normal discussion to be had on a theocracy with more than oe religion.

But I see things migrating now away from the religion aspect and more to the crazyness of the judge. At least fr me anyway.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Sandalak is the first theocracy i see that has to tolerate other reliions and even allow pagans to have some kind of power...
It happened in Morek several years ago, too. When the Springdale duchy joined Morek, they brought The Seven with them. In the interests of keeping that large, and rich, duchy they allowed the people to keep their temples/religion. Eventually The Seven died mainly due to apathy, and SA was the only one left.

Sandalak doesn't *have* to put up with it. It chooses to, because it doesn't want to lose the four or five ardent Sartanist characters.

The whole situation blew up mainly because of bored players. There is absolutely nothing for them to do. So they argue, and fight duels to the death that they know won't kill them. It was absolutely hilarious the first time it happened, mostly due to surprise and comic relief. Now it's just sad...

This start-up period was *way* too long.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Tolerance? Boo! We need more persecution!

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Tolerance? Boo! We need more persecution!

It does seem like there are more than a couple who desire to live out their fantasies of running their very own Spanish Inquisition.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Soon they'll realize that the position of Loremaster is... just that. Their only job is to sit around and write about how awesome the real leaders actually are.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I have removed the irrelevant tangents. If you want to talk RL religion, take it to PMs. As for the forum: Keep it polite, or keep it to yourself.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I wonder how many protests would have if the turn scripts were running properly.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I have removed the irrelevant tangents. If you want to talk RL religion, take it to PMs. As for the forum: Keep it polite, or keep it to yourself.

If people complain about a theocracy allowing other relgions, I'm not allowed to provide a real world example of such to refute their point?

I'm not sure why my comment needed to be removed, it was just a factual statement that even extremely hardcore theocracies tolerate other religions.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
I'm just glad that things finally seem to have settled down in Sandalak because for a while there I was seriously considering quitting the game altogether.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
First kill (with a permanently dead foe) goes to Elaine. All hail the Griffin Incarnate! :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
You're just lucky all my death duels forfeited while my character was injured. I'm sure I would've gotten a few down before Cody bit the dust.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yeah the vote of confidence referendum helped calm things a little.

The no more miracles too....all those duels were a little annoying.

Now we just need to start the war.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Gustav Kuriga

Nope, we just had another player quit. I deleted my character as well, in hopefully a more humorous fashion, and will be seeing what one of the other realms is like. I haven't heard of anybody quitting the other realms, so hopefully it will be good.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Are there characters you don't delete?

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
On the one hand, the realm will probably run smoother without all the deleted characters. On the other hand, it's sad to see so much childish rage quitting.

Mind you Gustav, to your credit, you at least gave an IC explanation instead of swearing at people so points to you :p