Author Topic: Taselak- A mixture of Natural Selection & Survival of the Fittest  (Read 22786 times)

Fuor Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
This is stupid. Unless you are American or not-English, it's Tas-a-lak.

I'm American, using proper english (ie.- not adding extraneous 'u's in places they don't belong), and it is Tas-a-lak, like you say.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Medevandalist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
I'm American, using proper english (ie.- not adding extraneous 'u's in places they don't belong), and it is Tas-a-lak, like you say.

I do love it when foreigners try to tell me how my own language should be spelt. Arrogantly dictating that their deviations are the correct way of doing things, it takes a certain level of cheek.

The U's are not extraneous, they affect the way the word is pronounced if you spoke or understood proper English you would appreciate that. American simplified English simply spells words in what is little more than text speak, meaningless detractions from the correct spelling in an attempt to make the language easier to understand.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Whenever I have trouble determining the correct pronunciation of an english word, I always refer to this page before giving up entirely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Taselak: Home of the pronunciation police.

Nah, just home.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Whenever I have trouble determining the correct pronunciation of an english word, I always refer to this page before giving up entirely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti

It deserves loooooooooooooooooooots of cookies! Just awesome! :D
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Gustav Kuriga

I've never heard of any such 'standby'. However, I could concede that a long a is conceivable, in the vane of 'laser' or 'base' or 'wave' and similar. However, in all those cases, the 'e' is not made long. It is silent or short. I still go with Team Tassel, it makes more sense of the spelling given.

Also, I think you're mistaking us for the sandals and the ikkies, Indirik.

You realize that English is such an inconsistent language that there is an exception to every rule. And I mean EVERY rule.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
That's not too bad. We are lacking in trash in our nice river and bridges city. Great civil infrastructure, ya know? :P

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
This is dumb. This is four pages of looking at tassels and debating linguistics. Ikalak has barely any activity on their posts and Sandalak keeps attracting flame wars.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Nothing wrong with a good ol' linguistics debate. :P

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, consumed by a linguistic debate, Taselak becomes oblivious to anything else and gets destroyed.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Oh, you are cute Stabbity.

Our linguistic's debates are more dangerous than any combat you guys have going on. :P

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
The courtly debates of Taselak are much more dangerous than even the bloodiest battles of all time. Get ready for... Anything. Like calling the Queen a whore. :P
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Oh, you are cute Stabbity.

Our linguistic's debates are more dangerous than any combat you guys have going on. :P

You insult yourself good sir! Of course your verbal debates are more dangerous than any battles we're fighting, as we're only fighting you and Sandalak.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.