Author Topic: Splitting a region's income share differently depending on source (tax/trade).  (Read 3232 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Since I don't know how taxes and trading will work with the new map, this may or may not matter.

Currently everything is dead simple. 1 single rate determines how much a knight gets from taxes and trade.

What if there are multiple rates?

For example, what if a lord wants to horde the (base) taxes whilst giving most of the trade income (bonus) to the knights, or vice versa or any combo of?

An argument in the game has shown it may be a good idea to implement separate rates to encourage gold redistribution via trade over redistribution via realm taxes... strangely it's a bit like capitalism vs communism XD

Of course, if the new map stuff gives a lot more power/direct income to a knight based on his piece of land.. then this might be rather moot.
firefox

egamma

I'd say we let the devs implement the new estate system and perhaps something like this can be added later, it will probably be easier to do so.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
If something like this isn't implemented with the new system, then I'd definitely want to push for it to be so.

I play one of my characters as a greedy trading Lord who ships out his food for the highest price and thinks of it as "his" food and therefore "his" profit. It's hard to keep that up when lots of gold goes out to knights each week from the trade income.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
If something like this isn't implemented with the new system, then I'd definitely want to push for it to be so.

I play one of my characters as a greedy trading Lord who ships out his food for the highest price and thinks of it as "his" food and therefore "his" profit. It's hard to keep that up when lots of gold goes out to knights each week from the trade income.

Trade offers go directly to the lord.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile

You could be greedy, yet scrupulously, albeit begrudgingly, honest. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
Trade offers go directly to the lord.

I don't think so....? Every Lord I have who uses caravans has the gold split at tax time amongst their vassals. Could be that "I'm doing it wrong". Wouldn't be the first time :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
i think he's saying use the trade offer screen to put a bundle of food up for sale at certain price. (and get the other lot to send caravan)

never tried it, no idea if it works. i do know if you do a autosell at X gold for all bushels above Y food, then it gets put into trade balance, so it's obviously not that.

but if it works, it's a bit of an either/or ... rather than a somewhere in between which was what the separate rates is about in the 1st place.
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I don't think so....? Every Lord I have who uses caravans has the gold split at tax time amongst their vassals. Could be that "I'm doing it wrong". Wouldn't be the first time :)

Manual trade offers.

i think he's saying use the trade offer screen to put a bundle of food up for sale at certain price. (and get the other lot to send caravan)

Yes.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.