Author Topic: Constant diplomatic "praise realm" fails  (Read 3394 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
My 80+ Oratory (98 on the Skills fame page) Diplomat has been attempting to raise his city's sympathy to another realm to get rid of the "Peasants complain about alliance with X" message. He's tried some two dozen times in the last three weeks, with varying numbers of hours between 4 and 10. Every single attempt has had the "They seem unimpressed" result, even with the "silver tongue" message coming up. The peasants hated the other realm, true, but it still seems like an awful number of fails for a Diplomat with a very high skill level.

is this normal?

Have you tried doing it with 16 hours each time, instead? The amount of time you spend is a significant factor.

I don't really know how the snippets of text relates to effect. I think it's possible that the "They seem unimpressed" relates to their final view of the realm and not only to the change you achieved.

No, it is solely about the amount of change.

But also, as Indirik says, trying to convince people that a realm they hate, hate, HATE is OK will take a lot more than trying to convince people that a realm they're indifferent about is good.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan