Author Topic: Trade Stuff  (Read 5125 times)

Harumune

Re: Trade Stuff
« Reply #15: June 24, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
On another note, in order to purchase the food from another region that is remote and part of a different realm, do I need cash or bonds?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 24, 2014, 09:37:26 PM »
All trade is done in bonds, even for foreign trades. 
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Harumune

« Reply #17: July 09, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »
Just a clarification: food placed in the market for sale is not a subject to rot, or?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 09, 2014, 04:38:52 PM »
IIRC: The food is not subject to rot while it is in the market. If you put up 100 bushels, the buyer will get 100 bushels.

However, if it goes unsold, it is subject to cumulative rot before it is placed back in the granaries. If you put up 100 bushels and it goes unsold, you may get back, say, 80 bushels.

Harumune

« Reply #19: July 09, 2014, 11:51:44 PM »
And what if I cancel the sale before it actually expires...does the rotting still happen then? I assume it does.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 10, 2014, 03:27:48 AM »
I really don't know. Probably. Try it and see.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 11, 2014, 06:50:12 AM »
It does, but not as bad as letting your deal ride through the term posted.  IIRC, it back dates to the day of posting with normal rate of rot, and then applies the accumulative rot at once.  In other words, if unsold, you'll see the same amount of rot as if not on the market; though, I'm notnsurebif you save anything to roundings this way (not sure if it uses decimals at all for values).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 11, 2014, 05:58:04 PM »
It does, but not as bad as letting your deal ride through the term posted.  IIRC, it back dates to the day of posting with normal rate of rot, and then applies the accumulative rot at once.  In other words, if unsold, you'll see the same amount of rot as if not on the market; though, I'm notnsurebif you save anything to roundings this way (not sure if it uses decimals at all for values).
IIRC to try and prevent people from putting food on the market just to prevent rot, the rot rate is much higher when the offer expires than if it just sat in your granaries.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 12, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »
Would make sense, but morseo with the logic of prevention of protection from loot.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 13, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
Would make sense, but morseo with the logic of prevention of protection from loot.
Soon it won't be safe from looting.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton