Author Topic: Drinking beer, listening to Alice in Chains, feeling calm.... Sandalak  (Read 41437 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
So I dunno about folks in other realms but, for those who remember BM's heyday in 06-08, I'm starting to wonder if The Problem has been no War Islands. Because I'd frankly forgotten what a big realm was like, and a realm where there's a clear, decided, indisputable final objective. Sandalak feels to me (in all the good and bad ways) much like what most of BM felt like when I was newer around here: rowdy, feud-ridden, very little IC/OOC distinction, but (hopefully) team play. We'll see if team play shows up, I think it will.

Still though, I can't help think this might be what we've been missing these last few years of reduced player count.

The IC/OOC distinction isn't necessarily a good thing but it is a good indicator of a bunch of people really intent on playing the game. Abuses happen as a result of it and I personally don't want it everywhere I am in. I'm sometimes tempted to advertise BM on the worst places possible to just see how the game reacts to a sudden influx of the lowest common denominator. Just tempted...

Taselak has a bit of peace going on at the moment since we're all just doing little things whilst waiting to see what actually happens. In the mean time I think a few more piss fights might actually be a good idea to get the blood going! As a ruler or judge the obvious decision usually seems to be to stop internal division happening but I think in future I'll do everything short of actively encouraging it.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.