Author Topic: Someone please explain the concept of War Island  (Read 7650 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Ironically calling other people out on OOC BS usually makes it worse because it itself is OOC.

Jens Namtrah

Ironically calling other people out on OOC BS usually makes it worse because it itself is OOC.

That's why I'm doing it here, not in-game. No one has to read any of this if they don't want to be involved.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It's amazing how giving someone else a second chance caused so much OOC spamming in Sandalak again.

Some people just want to be involved in everything I guess. Soon we will all be Melhed! No wars for everyone, only discussing! Meanwhile I will stick to praising the Mighty Midget in Sandalak. And emptying recruitment centers, because my income is way too high.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Jens Namtrah

There hasn't been any OOC spamming.

I wrote a short message when it happened saying I was unhappy, and a longer one later explaining why not and that I wasn't going to write any more there.

I think one or two people came on and said they thought it was ok.

There was no arguing, no OOC fighting, nothing to cause complaint. People have a right to speak up when they disagree with something, and if it an OOC thing, then they do it OOC.

Perhaps part of why there's so many issues of this type in this game is that people like you decide which side you are on and then demonize the other side with fictions?

And I will say this - if Chenier had done this, I don't think it would be get any support
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:39:17 AM by Miskel Hemmings »

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You'd have been far more unhappy in the end if Sandalak had tried to destroy Ikalak completely, trust me.

Jens Namtrah

Losing doesn't make me unhappy, if it is a fair fight that I can do my best to use my wits. We were getting our asses kicked in the first weeks and no one quit or argued because of it.

What makes me unhappy is when we work so hard and spend so many hours strategizing and building something up - and then one guy just takes away all our work and flushes it down the toilet, for reasons I don't even think are true.

You want to understand why I'm angry? Go ask someone from Darka  or the other continents how they felt about the Ice slamming them right when they thought they had put together a winning strategy. It's that sort of feeling.

And then to have the devs rub it in by endorsing OOC manipulation is too much.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, there's no point in arguing with you it seems. Enjoy the sour grapes.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Yeah, he did ask. He asked IC what we should do. And you darned well know that we *couldn't* have finished off Ikalak simply because we didn't have the troops to do it. Sure, we sacked the city. But we didn't have the forces to take it.

Not only that, but trying to do it would have been stupid. Leave them alive, and they owe us, big time. We even get sympathy points IC for doing it. And if we actually *had* managed to put a bullet in them, then most of them would have gone to Taselak, swelling their noble count, and screwing us in the end.

Letting Ikalak live makes perfect sense both IC *and* OOC.

This. Everyone who is thanking Kurlock should remember how difficult it would be for Sandalak to take Ikalak before Taselak got involved.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think the point here has been made pretty clear. Miskel, there is absolutely no problem with what Lapallanch did, but there is a problem with going after him so vehemently for it.

There is no longer any useful purpose to this thread, so I'm locking it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan