Author Topic: Drinking beer, listening to Alice in Chains, feeling calm.... Sandalak  (Read 41745 times)

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Do NOT re-open this ridiculous, inflammatory, trolling, flame-fest on the forums.

I refuse to relinquish my ability to reply to people who say silly things. If you want to yell at someone for bringing up Sartan, you should yell at Woefly.

Regardless, it seems we are actually capable of having a conversation without the mod hammer you guys wield too quickly too often. Can you guys relax a little until there is an actual NEED for your intervention?

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
You might wanna listen to the man.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I refuse to relinquish my ability to reply to people who say silly things. If you want to yell at someone for bringing up Sartan, you should yell at Woefly.

Regardless, it seems we are actually capable of having a conversation without the mod hammer you guys wield too quickly too often. Can you guys relax a little until there is an actual NEED for your intervention?
Some Things:

1.Woelfy had no way of knowing there were IG issues, thus it is you that is trying to bring up issues that already happened again.

2. Talking about Sartan is not an issue, arguing about its validity in Sandalak or other continents when there were just OOC issues is.

3. No, waiting for !@#$ to go bad and people getting angry at each other is not the preferential moderator policy. Stopping things before they become an issue is.

4. You can tone down your complaints about not relaxing.

(a) I or other mods could have easily justified deleting your post, because of Indirik's noted issue, but as well because you are insulting people in it, which is against forum policy.
   (b) You aren't seeing issues because of the work of the mods. I have been on this forum well over 2 years now and I know prior to this much more proactive moderating the forum was often full of very heated arguments with aggression on both sides.

When I am on IRC, I ask people why they don't go on the forums and they say its because of the issues in the past so they don't want worry about being attacked when they post or they just don't like the atmosphere because of issues like that.

I and I am rather sure the other moderators don't appreciate you constantly complaining about our evidently successful moderating policy. If you have an issue with a particular action, instead of complaining all around the forum, please send me or another mod a private message.

If you have an issue with what I said, feel free to send me a private message or see if you can catch me on IRC and talk about it there, but do not argue here. If you would like to have a discussion on moderator policy, I would not see an issue with creating a topic under the Community Section, "This Forum" board.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:27:55 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Jens Namtrah

Anywho...

Once again drinking beer, feeling calm, but it's Buffet this time.

--

We are actually a bit of a disaster as a War Machine, but starting to have fun finally. In sort of a "Three Stooges" sort of way.

That enormous force 4 hours march from us? Nah, I'm sure they're just there for the fishing.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile

You can reply. Just don't be post trolling flamebait on topics that are better left dead.

We've had the whole Sartan flamefest IG, and you saw what happened. Why the hell would you want to bring it all back out onto the forum, unless you were deliberately trying to rekindle the flamewar here? Or do you think that discussion on the forums is somehow inherently more capable of treating the matter in more rationale, mature manner than IG debate, despite the fact that it's all the same players having the discussion?

We tried that before. It failed miserably, drove a crapload of people away from the forums, and possibly the game, and lead to the more active mod policy that we currently use. (Which was, I might add, demanded by the forum users.) The fact that you weren't around when it happened doesn't mean that we're required to let the whole charlie foxtrot happen all over again, just so you can experience it and agree that yeah, that wasn't such a good idea. You'll just have to trust that we know what we're doing, whether you personally like it or not. Sometimes the things that are best for the community aren't necessarily to someone's personal taste.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile

Oi! I didn't bring the bloody thing up. I asked for clarification of rumours. Don't try to point the blame for your ridiculous-ness on me. I am the very last person you want to do that with.

Indirik is 100% correct. Lots of people have left the game because of the forum and the nonsense that goes on here. There is no need to make that worse, Qyasogk.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Not really, no. Much the same as it ever was - tolerant to all religions that can co-exist peacefully.

That's what you think :p

There may well be a coup d'etat when Velax eventually shuffles off the mortal coil ;)

Ravier Nebehn

• Knight
    • View Profile
When I am on IRC, I ask people why they don't go on the forums and they say its because of the issues in the past so they don't want worry about being attacked when they post or they just don't like the atmosphere because of issues like that.

Same reason I don't use IRC tbh. You can have your fellow players flame you in real time. :P

But anyway the whole IRC/Forum use thing is a tangent. We can get back to discussing the realm now and preferably not involving IG religions. Things have finally settled down regarding the government. I hope.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:38:22 PM by Ravier Nebehn »

Gustav Kuriga

If you have an issue with what I said, feel free to send me a private message or see if you can catch me on IRC and talk about it there, but do not argue here. If you would like to have a discussion on moderator policy, I would not see an issue with creating a topic under the Community Section, "This Forum" board.

Wait, people act differently on a real-time service where they have anonymity? I highly doubt that.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
...when Velax eventually shuffles off the mortal coil ;)

You'll be waiting a while. ;)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
You'll be waiting a while. ;)

The Church is good at waiting :p

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Anywho...

Once again drinking beer, feeling calm, but it's Buffet this time.

--

We are actually a bit of a disaster as a War Machine, but starting to have fun finally. In sort of a "Three Stooges" sort of way.

That enormous force 4 hours march from us? Nah, I'm sure they're just there for the fishing.
Your character is a funny and witty one, do keep it up! ;D

We need to be chopping Hydra heads with our Griffins and Wvyerns numerous spawns ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile

We are actually a bit of a disaster as a War Machine

Yup. We really are.

I'm still perplexed why we didn't send at least some token force south to start TOing uncontested regions to build our tax base... seems like it was a blindingly obvious thing to do.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I've suggested it a few times. No one seems to be wanting to take charge. I think our ruler and general both have hit very busy RL periods, and don't have a lot of time to play. I guess someone else will have to step up ad take charge...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
I think part of the problem is that once our armies were wiped out, we were basically SOL because almost none of the recruitment centers had been expanded and filled to capacity yet - so you had this huge influx of people trying to recruit all at once, and only 15 or so recruits a day showing up. Without armies, orders are pointless. A 5 man unit can assist with a takeover, but it will have almost 0 effect on the outcome of the takeover. You really still do need big units (50+) to get !@#$ done when taking regions.