Author Topic: Drinking beer, listening to Alice in Chains, feeling calm.... Sandalak  (Read 41791 times)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Hey guys I recently changed my class to Hero, let's see how long until -- HRrrhrk.

Gustav Kuriga

Hey guys I recently changed my class to Hero, let's see how long until -- HRrrhrk.

You're mortal anyways... no change I think...

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
I was making fun of the fact that Kurlock posted about switching class to Hero, and then was almost immediately wounded, I think.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I wonder if changing to hero on South Island increases your mortality chance... but since Kurlock is a midget, he's hard to hit anyway.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I'm fairly certain that heroes have a higher chance of getting killed than non-heroes. That was how it was implemented on BT for the invasion there that had universal mortality. That same system was recycled for the south island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Lets see how far Kurlock manages to outfight his enemies in close combat. He seems to be an interesting combination midget+hero+immortal+*coming soon*+. . . .end
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Lets see how far Kurlock manages to outfight his enemies in close combat. He seems to be an interesting combination midget+hero+immortal+*coming soon*+. . . .end
Midget. Hero. Lover. Pineapple aficionado. Immortal.

This is his story.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Totally unrelated question:

can you emigrate from the war island?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Totally unrelated question:

I would assume not, since I heard the devs saying that the database for South Island is somewhat separated from the rest of the game. Stuff like having a character there not counting towards your limit etc. Good question though, because the South Island, with almost continuous battle, makes for some very valuable characters.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
No. You cannot immigrate to, emigrate from, or be deported from or to the war island. It is completely disconnected from the rest of the world. Even family gold is disconnected. Characters on the war island cannot send gold to their families, get gold from their families, or perform region investments. (I would assume that Anaris also disconnected the other family gold avenues as well, including bounties, ransoms, buying regions, using family influence, etc.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
So the Earon Hemmings my character mortally wounded on Dwilight isn't the same Earon Hemmings on Sandalak. Good to know!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
No. You cannot immigrate to, emigrate from, or be deported from or to the war island. It is completely disconnected from the rest of the world. Even family gold is disconnected. Characters on the war island cannot send gold to their families, get gold from their families, or perform region investments. (I would assume that Anaris also disconnected the other family gold avenues as well, including bounties, ransoms, buying regions, using family influence, etc.)

Sadface. I used the old war islands to buff H/P before sending my characters out on political careers.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Sadface. I used the old war islands to buff H/P before sending my characters out on political careers.
Do we know what will happen to our nobles after the war is won?
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
I imagine that the winners of Ikalak shall revel in their glory all the way until the island is flooded again.  :P

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
I think there should be a gentleman's agreement... Last realm standing has a massive duel-implosion of doom.