Author Topic: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?  (Read 63347 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: The War of... heck, who knows really?
« Reply #30: June 18, 2014, 11:07:56 AM »
Except Fronen who have a valid reason all realms are pretty much going to use the cull the weak policy to get more lands from OG. ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:09:34 AM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 18, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »
The validity of a reason to declare war is relevant only to the one who dreams it up. No one else really cares.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 18, 2014, 06:59:50 PM »
Thus ends the reign of Pavel of House Jeffrey, late king of Melhed. His other character's wounded, and Maya is too.

That went well (for Thal).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:17:18 PM by Solari »

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 18, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »
Pavel R.I.P

Even thoguht OO and him had some deep disagreements, OO luvd Pavel, he was almost as mad as OO was :)

Now elect Immanuel as King and this war doesnt end until AA or Melhed has been pushed to sea :P
~Violence is always an option!~

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 18, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »
The validity of a reason to declare war is relevant only to the one who dreams it up. No one else really cares.

I disagree. It absolutely matters how you're perceived in other realms. Maybe no one will speak out against you at the time of their actions but they will not forget either.

That said... R.I.P. Pavel! He was a terrible pain in the ass... kudos. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 18, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
They may remember, but they won't do anything about it unless they are looking for a reason to justify doing some particular action they want to take. At that point, they will either blatantly make something up, or they will completely misinterpret your prior actions to fit the needs of their current schemes. By the time it comes to lining the sides in a war, everyone already knows what the sides will be. In the way, the justifications given are meaningless.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 18, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »
At that point, they will either blatantly make something up, or they will completely misinterpret your prior actions to fit the needs of their current schemes.

That describes maybe 9 out of every 10 declarations of war I've ever seen in BM.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 18, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »
Well, R.I.P Pavel, without you BT would get really boring!  :'(
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 18, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
That was unpleasant. I feel like I just watched the Mountain and the Viper all over again.

RIP King Pavel #neverforget

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 18, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »
Well, R.I.P Pavel, without you BT would get really boring!  :'(

How d'you figure that? We've still got Fingolfin and OO, don't we?

I don't see how things can ever get too boring with a Cosula as a ruler ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 18, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »
How d'you figure that? We've still got Fingolfin and OO, don't we?

I don't see how things can ever get too boring with a Cosula as a ruler ;D

Unless they become enemies it'd be safe to assume that BT would become a boring place again once this war subsides. Pavel did orchestrate the Sint war, went on against Enweil, saved Fronen's arse by revealing former Emperor Michael's letter. He did play a great role in keeping the atmosphere fun and interesting. We need some charismatic charries like him on both sides.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 18, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »
It was so ridiculous because the server ruined it up for us again just like the previous war with the Thals. We ordered men to move as late as possible to throw the Thals off with some misdirect to Lloringel, and then the server went down and a few nobles did not manage to move. I hate to say this but this dead is caused by BM itself. Perhaps next time when the server is down, the turn should not run? It is only fair, no?

Regardless, I am actually very glad Pavel die in a glorious dead. Going rambo style against 8 armies before going down. He is getting really old and I was looking to get rid of him for a very long time, hence his crazy decision on a few things. Now let his sister go or Pavel will come back and haunt all you Thals!!! :p

Anyway, his dead spawn lots of claims on his throne(which he has known for very long) and all of a sudden Melhed exploded to live. 56 messages! Imagine that! lol. Good luck and enjoy guys. I won't be bringing anymore character in here apart from Dorothea, but most likely I will send her to the west to bring back some life there :) Caelum - beware! :p

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 18, 2014, 11:41:48 PM »
Unless they become enemies it'd be safe to assume that BT would become a boring place again once this war subsides. Pavel did orchestrate the Sint war, went on against Enweil, saved Fronen's arse by revealing former Emperor Michael's letter. He did play a great role in keeping the atmosphere fun and interesting. We need some charismatic charries like him on both sides.

Don't take me wrong, Pavel was a very interesting character to have around but the Sint thing, that was just a very old score being settled. Besides his death won't quite make things as boring as you might think. We didn't just fight our asses off to save this continent to then sit on them all age, especially when there's no end in sight for this one.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 18, 2014, 11:55:46 PM »
It was so ridiculous because the server ruined it up for us again just like the previous war with the Thals. We ordered men to move as late as possible to throw the Thals off with some misdirect to Lloringel, and then the server went down and a few nobles did not manage to move. I hate to say this but this dead is caused by BM itself. Perhaps next time when the server is down, the turn should not run? It is only fair, no?

Well, it went for us too of course but I guess we had simpler orders, and a head start. Don't quite remember what it was last time but your surrender seemed to be a decision made under pressure of the war as a whole, not one single battle, to me. That said, it always sucks when server issues or such mess with your plans but that's just part of playing a game that's free, and always under development, which is also awesome. It's crappy when it happens, but overall it's negligible. Sorry anyhow.

Regardless, I am actually very glad Pavel die in a glorious dead. Going rambo style against 8 armies before going down. He is getting really old and I was looking to get rid of him for a very long time, hence his crazy decision on a few things. Now let his sister go or Pavel will come back and haunt all you Thals!!! :p

Yup, gotta say, pretty damn heroic death. :)

Anyway, his dead spawn lots of claims on his throne(which he has known for very long) and all of a sudden Melhed exploded to live. 56 messages! Imagine that! lol. Good luck and enjoy guys. I won't be bringing anymore character in here apart from Dorothea, but most likely I will send her to the west to bring back some life there :) Caelum - beware! :p

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Pavel gone indeed. I just know that somehow it's going to blow up in our face.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 19, 2014, 12:01:09 AM »
I blame the Sartanists. They used their Daimon magic to kill their new King so they can seize the throne. Melhed beware!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.