Author Topic: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?  (Read 63348 times)

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of... heck, who knows really?
« Reply #120: July 29, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »
The Beard Wars.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: July 29, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »
Wow, Melhed is exactly where Fronen was when I joined the game. Region per region, exactly, or perhaps just one off.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: August 17, 2014, 07:45:37 PM »
And there Melhed tries again. Not the ideal moment for us, obviously, but we'll see how this goes. :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: August 17, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
I try not to comment on this stuff, but that was exceedingly lame. And dishonest, IC and OOC. Mostly OOC, which is the sad part. The entire realm would've been shamed out of existence if we had half the players of integrity that we used to have. And if we had those players, Rio wouldn't have taken the bait. Alas, we're left with what we have. And that makes me sad. Angry, and sad.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:10:35 PM by Solari »

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: August 17, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
These dark times were foretold by the prophet Red Marlboro!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: August 17, 2014, 08:29:28 PM »
Sad me too, it could have been great war, now it will prolly be another gangbang... prolly not very quick one since AA & Thalmarkin are pretty good shape, not sure how OG fares. AA & OG will be frontlines...

But to keep things atleast semi fun, OO wont give up a poop for those filthy southeners :P
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: August 17, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »
Sad me too, it could have been great war, now it will prolly be another gangbang... prolly not very quick one since AA & Thalmarkin are pretty good shape, not sure how OG fares. AA & OG will be frontlines...

But to keep things atleast semi fun, OO wont give up a poop for those filthy southeners :P

A gangbang against who? Thalmarkin? Cry me a river. Thalmarkin and AA had absolutely no shame in participating in already incredibly lopsided gangbangs. If they start going on the receiving end, they fully deserve it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: August 17, 2014, 09:40:19 PM »
A gangbang against who? Thalmarkin? Cry me a river. Thalmarkin and AA had absolutely no shame in participating in already incredibly lopsided gangbangs. If they start going on the receiving end, they fully deserve it.

AA has only existed for a year. The only war they've fought besides this one was Fronen vs Melhed and AA.

Thalmarkin has participated in the "gangbang" against Fronen. Thalmarkin was a 5 region realm then, Fronen a behemoth of all the towns and cities near the lake and more. If they hadn't grown complacent and arrogant, they could've actually made a stand.

And if this is about Enweil.... Go around the continent on a crusade for democracy, expect that to be remembered. Just as this King of Kings thing will be remembered.  And I sure hope Melhed's treacherous ways will be as well.

Ironically, what we wanted out of this whole charade from the get-go were odds that were not in our favour. They weren't. Now they're even less. I'm quite ok with that. Bad odds make for interesting wars.

P.S.: Though I agree that without Melhed's betrayal the war would've been much more balanced and thus more fun for everyone. But hey, I'm not complaining if all battles are concentrated on us. I like battles. More fun for me!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:49:11 PM by Lorgan »

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: August 17, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »
Right, I remember you engineering this war, Lorgan, with the explicit idea of having more enemies than friends.

Great success! Beluaterra never fails to amuse me.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: August 17, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
I try not to comment on this stuff, but that was exceedingly lame. And dishonest, IC and OOC. Mostly OOC, which is the sad part. The entire realm would've been shamed out of existence if we had half the players of integrity that we used to have. And if we had those players, Rio wouldn't have taken the bait. Alas, we're left with what we have. And that makes me sad. Angry, and sad.

Please enlighten me as to what this OOC dishonesty is. IC dishonesty I'll grant you but I'm not aware of any OOC.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: August 17, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
AA has only existed for a year. The only war they've fought besides this one was Fronen vs Melhed and AA.

Thalmarkin has participated in the "gangbang" against Fronen. Thalmarkin was a 5 region realm then, Fronen a behemoth of all the towns and cities near the lake and more. If they hadn't grown complacent and arrogant, they could've actually made a stand.

And if this is about Enweil.... Go around the continent on a crusade for democracy, expect that to be remembered. Just as this King of Kings thing will be remembered.  And I sure hope Melhed's treacherous ways will be as well.

Ironically, what we wanted out of this whole charade from the get-go were odds that were not in our favour. They weren't. Now they're even less. I'm quite ok with that. Bad odds make for interesting wars.

P.S.: Though I agree that without Melhed's betrayal the war would've been much more balanced and thus more fun for everyone. But hey, I'm not complaining if all battles are concentrated on us. I like battles. More fun for me!

Thalmarkin looted Nothoi for no reason, while it was fighting the continent's strongest realm (at the time, at least).

The gang up on Fronen can't be dismissed as well. It surrounded the lake, sure, but it was hardly a behemoth. A huge portion of its economy had to go into militia because of how little defensable it was, and its leadership was more inactive than arrogant, the northern realms were just jealous of the territory expansion it had.

The war that created Ar Agyr against Melhed was also hardly fair, Melhed never stood a chance.

And a crusade that occurred, what, over 10 real life years ago? Of which none of the actors involved remained? That justifies ganging up on the continent's smallest realm?

Why Riombara's against them I have no idea, but they fully deserve every other enemy they've got. Thalmarkin went out of its way to make them. Ar Agyr was forcefully carved out of most of what was Melhed, Nothoi was looted over no reason, Fronen was attacked and belittled for little reason...

And Thalmarkin has, by far, the most nobles, which is worth a lot more than a bunch of nobles scattered over a huge territory (and thus with low tax efficiency). I'm not even sure the war is even lopsided against them yet.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: August 17, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »
Thalmarkin is surrounded by expendable allies and has a huge noble count as well as very competent military commanders. Even if they lose this war "defeat" will only mean not getting the fancy title for Fingolfin and maybe losing at most a couple of regions. That's barely anything compared to  how much damage pretty much every other participant in this war has taken.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: August 17, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »
Thalmarkin looted Nothoi for no reason, while it was fighting the continent's strongest realm (at the time, at least).

That was a one time thing. Aimed at provoking a realm theoretically stronger than us.

The gang up on Fronen can't be dismissed as well. It surrounded the lake, sure, but it was hardly a behemoth. A huge portion of its economy had to go into militia because of how little defensable it was, and its leadership was more inactive than arrogant, the northern realms were just jealous of the territory expansion it had.

Because it came at a time when huge swathes of territory had been blighted at the edges of the continent.

The war that created Ar Agyr against Melhed was also hardly fair, Melhed never stood a chance.

It was 1 vs 1. What more could we do? Besides, it was declared at a time when Thalmarkin had about 70% of it's potential population. That's what more we did.

And a crusade that occurred, what, over 10 real life years ago? Of which none of the actors involved remained? That justifies ganging up on the continent's smallest realm?

I was referring to previous gangbangs on Enweil when they were still a powerbloc but I guess indeed AA and Melhed participated in the last battle of Enweil... Not that Rio needed them. It's sad to see Enweil die but I guess after a series of bad luck, this was the inevitable result.

Why Riombara's against them I have no idea, but they fully deserve every other enemy they've got. Thalmarkin went out of its way to make them. Ar Agyr was forcefully carved out of most of what was Melhed, Nothoi was looted over no reason, Fronen was attacked and belittled for little reason...

And Thalmarkin has, by far, the most nobles, which is worth a lot more than a bunch of nobles scattered over a huge territory (and thus with low tax efficiency). I'm not even sure the war is even lopsided against them yet.

Riombara opposes the idea of Fingolfin as King of Kings, probably the entire concept. They've got a legitimate reason to war us. And yes, we've gone out of our way to produce casus belli for other realms against us. That was kind of my point.
Yet still, both treaties with Melhed that have been broken were signed at a position when we could've gone for much, much more. We always said what we wanted and stopped after they gave us that. It may sound arrogant but both treaties were actually very lenient from a Thalmarkin point of view. And I believe the only reason Melhed agreed to them was that they thought so too, considering their options at the time.

And yes indeed, the defensive war is to our advantage, if you block out all of our ambitions and goals. But we have been working on this mountain fortress for years for a reason.

Thalmarkin is surrounded by expendable allies and has a huge noble count as well as very competent military commanders. Even if they lose this war "defeat" will only mean not getting the fancy title for Fingolfin and maybe losing at most a couple of regions. That's barely anything compared to  how much damage pretty much every other participant in this war has taken.

I assume Thalmarkin will take damage before peace is signed. I don't see why else we would sign it. And about expendable allies... The fewer you have, the less expendable they are.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:41:24 PM by Lorgan »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?
« Reply #133: August 18, 2014, 12:08:53 PM »
Well, this started as Fronen, Melhed vs. OG then became Fronen vs. OG, Thamarkin, AA and finally this Fronen, Nothoi, Spearhold, Riombara, Melhed vs. OG, Thalmarkin, AA. Give us a little credit in securing alliances, come on! :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?
« Reply #134: August 19, 2014, 12:27:03 PM »
Well, this started as Fronen, Melhed vs. OG then became Fronen vs. OG, Thamarkin, AA and finally this Fronen, Nothoi, Spearhold, Riombara, Melhed vs. OG, Thalmarkin, AA. Give us a little credit in securing alliances, come on! :)

Well most of your allies dont care about you :p

Spearhold attacked us since we (thal) were too impressive and spearhold just wanted a war. Rio (officially) dislikes you but attacks Thalmarkin for the King of Kings thing. Nothoi are sad about the old looting of their mountains and have not dared to attack us alone, but im quite sure they dont care about the fronen-OG war. Melhed just wants more regions, and unless every letter Maya has sent the last 6-7 weeks has been lies, Wudenkin would have been just as good as Agyr. Now Agyr was simply easier to take, and nothing is more shining to a melite than an easy war (might be becqause they loose all the other ones).

Not sure what Solari meant with the OOC, but I would not believe for a second that melheds actions would have been possible SMA. You can only nullify so many treaties and stabb so many backs before all realms would shame you from the continent, but thats the benefit of playing a game i suppose :)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.