Author Topic: The war has begun! Lets celebrate with a nice tall glass of bloodlust  (Read 17709 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
It most certainly is comparable. A rich, fortified townsland adjacent to the enemy's capital, and a sticking point in negotiations. It pretty effectively bottles Ikalak up, and keeps them north of the river. Gives Sandalak a great launching point for an assault on Ikalak city itself. It's *more* important to Sandalak that Toren Stronghold, which is overrated.

The difference is the TO force in Korlok was making good progress whilst 200 men took Toren Stronghold in half a day when they were not even focusing on it. I do not know the whole situation in Korlok and I assume you have an army heading there, but the situation stands as one where I think it worthwhile to discuss what we do in response to a bug which no one was expecting. Also the region certainly does have strategic value as any line of fortifications does.[/quote]

Fair play? Yes.

Second guessing every event that happens, so we can analyze it to figure out whether or not it's fair to keep on playing? No thanks.
[/quote]
Now this is I don't understand. I get this feeling like you have to deal with a lot of people complaining about small details in the game which seem stacked against them. I guess it must make you quite frustrated. All I'm doing is asking about something (accepting that it can't be changed by the devs quite graciously too) and countering the points you provide about the spirit of the island whilst continuing to emphasise I am willing to fight through whatever cards Taselak is dealt here as I discuss it here with you. This is the first time I've ever brought something up in years of playing battlemaster and simply because I didn't know what would happen as a result of it.

As I said at the beginning, "a ceasefire, a turnover of the region or business as usual yet". Business as usual, as in "oh well, situations changed, lets roll with it". And the 'we' mentioned were the other Generals and I, since it was a particularly unusual circumstance.

It's very clear that firm opinions have been expressed here so my questions have been answered.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.